COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
The heart of Boston Ballet is the human experience. Through our living and breathing art, we forge human connections—between artist and attendee, teacher and trainee, friend and newcomer, one's outer and inner self. We believe that our community of employees that makes dance possible is better when people with varied life experiences, backgrounds, and identities are welcomed and heard.
The Accounts Payable and Receivables Coordinator is a non-exempt position and will be responsible for the entire Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets cycle including: entering A/P source documents; preparing and printing A/P checks, reconciling vendor statements, and tracking aged accounts payable. Entering A/R source documents; applying payments, reconciling client statements, and tracking aged accounts receivables. Entering Fixed Assets source documents, calculate depreciation and reconciling Fixed Assets. Additional duties include working with the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer researching/analyzing accounts payable and receivables variances and trends, as well as month end responsibilities directly related to A/P, A/R and Fixed Assets.
- Code and enter A/P source documents into the general ledger
- Process payments for all A/P invoices
- Onboard vendors and reconcile all vendor statements
- Track and report account payable aging
- Prepare IRS Forms 1099 and 1096 for year-end tax purposes
- Respond timely to employee and vendor questions
- Research and analyze accounts payable trends and variances as directed
- Generate and send out invoices
- Post customer payments by recording cash or checks transactions
- Perform accounts receivable reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve any irregularity or enquires
- Research and analyze accounts receivables trends and variances as directed
- Record fixed assets acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Track the compilation of project cost into fixed assets accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed assets subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger
- Calculate depreciations for all fixed assets
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of
- Conduct analysis related to fixed assets as required
- Provide administrative support to Finance office as needed: filing, posting of mail, scanning, etc.
- Reconciliation responsibilities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, petty cash, etc.
- Prepare month-end journal entries for health and dental insurance, prepaid general insurance, etc.
- Process and reconcile the corporate purchase card reports
- Other job-related assignments as needed
Associate Degree; BA in Accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Very detail oriented
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently without direction
Boston Ballet requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including boosters, within one month of eligibility, as a condition of employment unless the employee is entitled to a religious or medical exemption.