The next ten years will serve as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
With full autonomy and ownership of our commercial rights coming to the Federation at the beginning of 2023, U.S. Soccer is seeking a Director of Partnership Development to be a key contributor within our growing, industry-leading team. Leading up to 2023, the Director will work closely with the commercial teams at both U.S. Soccer and Soccer United Marketing to collaborate throughout the sales process.
- Spearhead the development of visually compelling and data-driven partnership presentations for current and prospective partners.
- Conceptualize bespoke, industry-acclaimed partnerships with powerful storytelling that highlights U.S. Soccer and its partners in new ways, moving far away from traditional models. These partnerships will not only drive revenue but also engagement, recognition, and conversion.
- Collaborate with various organizational departments to develop new marketing platforms as well as dynamic, solutions-based sales presentations that focus on key value points for both U.S. Soccer and prospective partners.
- Hire, develop, and lead a Partnership Strategy team consisting of a Presentation Designer, responsible for managing the design process on presentations, marketing materials and renderings relevant to key partner and prospect proposals as well as a Manager of Insights who will be responsible for interpreting and developing new insights that will elevate our strategic partnerships narrative.
- Serve as a key leader of the partnerships team, amplifying a culture that motivates staff to perform to their fullest and achieve both organizational and individual goals.
- Enhance team and partner knowledge of sports marketing and current trends/innovations through purposeful thought-leadership, while analyzing related partnership approaches from competitors and external industries to drive innovation.
- Build new relationships with partnership prospects at the executive level.
- Identify and develop new partnerships on a national and global scale through research, benchmarking, and business intelligence across the market
- Negotiate and secure large-scale partnerships with blue chip brands that share similar values and are motivated to help grow the sport of soccer in the U.S.
- Host prospects at key U.S. Soccer events throughout the year.
- Create and implement new and innovative outbound sales initiatives.
- Collaborate with standing internal DE&I committees and third-party partners to ensure organizational goals and impact commitments are achieved nationally.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Comprehensive compensation plan with generous benefits and time off offerings
- Vacation Time: Increases at your 5th and 10th year of employment. Starts at 2 weeks (10 days)
- Holidays: 16 paid holidays—including end of the year federation wide holiday break
- Sick Leave: Unlimited
- 401K: U.S. Soccer immediately contributes 3% of your salary whether or not you make your own contributions. If you choose to contribute, U.S. Soccer will match up to 6% of your salary at 100%. Immediately vested.
- Medical: PPO and HSA plans
- U.S. soccer covers 100% of employee and dependent premiums for Dental and Vision
Culture & Perks
- Relaxed business casual dress code
- Nike discounts
- U.S. Soccer Store website discounts
- Ticket access to Chicago Fire and Red Stars regular season games
- Social Activities year-round (ex. Footgolf, Volunteer opportunities, Holiday parties and more)
- Free annual subscription to Headspace app
- Flexible work schedule including working from home options
Who We Are
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We are soccer stewards, uniting people through the global game and our collective goal to inspire, elevate communities and change lives in pursuit of a better future for soccer and our nation. Our core principles are: We Aim High, We Win Together and We Champion DEIB; our staff embody the values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Respect; and we’re seeking candidates that share our beliefs. We embrace a healthy work life balance, diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans.
Who You Are
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity as employees have the privilege of working with the top soccer players and commercial minds in the country. We’re looking for someone who is a difference maker, creative, accountable, loves working with and engaging with people and excited by the prospect of leveraging some of our country’s biggest soccer events to build and execute initiatives and tactics that grow the sport and showcase the United States’ best soccer players. Your work will directly support the ability to achieve our mission by providing resources and awareness to programs that develop world-class players, coaches, referees and National Teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise.
- 8+ years of experience working in Partnership Strategy and Development.
- Able and willing to travel to all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- A proven sales track record with strong, national client and agency relationships and alliances.
- Demonstrated strategic hustle and work ethic with diversity of thought.
- Exceptional negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of the ever-evolving sports marketing and media landscape.
- Proven track record of constructing and negotiating sophisticated partnerships.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks, and priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-player with a results-driven mindset.
- Experience managing and developing a direct report
- Strong problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing company.
- Proven ability to set and deliver on clear, ambitious goals and to be accountable for results.
- Strategic thinker, self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth.
- Excellent computer skills, including CRM, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel capabilities.
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and/or entertainment is preferred.
Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Present new ideas for partnerships and internal processes
- Open to constructive criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment