Avesta Housing is seeking a Resdient Assistant I to work at our assisted living residence, Inn at Village Square. No previous experience necessary as we provide on the job training to help you receive your PSS certification! We offer flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth, autonomy, and the ear of our leadership team. Our team is dedicated to supporting one another and providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Come join us at Avesta Housing to obtain the work/life balance you have been searching!
The Inn at Village Square is a 37-bed assisted living facility for seniors who find it difficult to continue to live unassisted in their own residence but who would like to continue to enjoy their independence in the comfort of a safe, secure, and friendly environment. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing environment designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide resident services as specified in the resident service plan, according to established policies, procedures, mission, and values of Avesta Housing’s Assisted Living Division and in compliance with all State and Federal regulations within the parameters of a professional with PSS certification.
Currently we have full-time evening and per-diem position available.
- Provide direct resident care including assistance with bathing, dressing, ambulation, transferring, and other physical and personal care assistance.
- Provide housekeeping and laundry duties, food service delivery, dining room service, and limited food preparation.
- Observe, report, and document changes in resident behavior and general condition.
- Assist with the overall resident assessment process and participate in the development of the resident service plan.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA regulations.
- Follow established safety procedures and report safety hazards promptly.
- Provide transportation to residents as necessary.
- Assist with resident activities.
- Remain at the facility until a replacement arrives or to cover additional shifts when necessary.
- Attend all mandatory in-service trainings.
- Participate on committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with the elderly in a personal care environment.
- Current PSS certification.
- Valid CPR certification, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements.
- Commitment to quality services and treating residents with dignity and respect.
- Thorough understanding of the aging process.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to work effectively with others and portray a positive, team-player attitude.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vested match, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.