Avesta Housing is seeking a kind, responsible and dedicated Personal Support Specialist (PSS) to care for our residents at our 37-bed assisted living residence, Inn at Village Square.
About Inn at Village Square
Avesta Housing's Inn at Village Square is an assisted living facility for older adults who find it difficult to continue to live without assistance but who would like to continue to enjoy their independence in the comfort of a safe, secure, and friendly environment. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing home designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
What it's Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others, strengthening our community, and ensuring compliance with state and federal standard of care requirements gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing's Inn at Village Square Avesta being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will meet the following requirements:
- A team player
- Caring attitude
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of caring for older adults
- Experience working with older adults in a personal care environment.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the aging process.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Click HERE to view the full PSS position.
Currently we have full-time, part time, and per-diems position available.
This job is located on site at our assisted living facility. These are non-exempt/hourly positions.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental health counseling
- 7 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume and cover letter that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role are required.