General Statement of Duties: Reports to Provider Relations Manager. Acts as a liaison to the community, physicians, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hospitals in assigned service area.
1. Maintains collaborative relationships with referral sources, including physicians, healthcare facilities and others by scheduling routine visits, providing information related to patients, palliative care and Coastal Hospice, which requires:
a. Outgoing personality
b. Sound knowledge of Coastal Hospice and it’s programs
2. Seeks opportunity for, and schedules formal and informal education of professionals on Coastal Hospice and palliative care topics.
3. Serves as a member of the Speaker’s Bureau and represents Coastal Hospice at educational events, such as health fairs, speaking for church and civic groups and for professional groups which requires:
a. Confidence in public speaking
b. Excellent communication skills
4. Represents Coastal Hospice at community meetings as assigned.
5. Updates and maintains the referral resource database with account activity including, routine visits, education provided, meetings, and any other pertinent information to help increase access, referrals to hospice and understanding of the hospice philosophy, which requires:
a. Excellent organizational skills
b. Proficient computer skills
6. In collaboration with Provider Relations Manager utilizes electronic information to analyze referral patterns to identify opportunities and challenges of referral sources and to respond accordingly, which requires:
a. Demonstration of critical thinking skills
7. Uses collaterals, newsletters, studies, articles, etc. to educate referral sources on hospice criteria, CHI services, industry trends, and regulatory changes as directed by Provider Relations Manager.
8. Works closely with Home Hospice Teams and Provider Relations Manager to resolve customer service issues and facilitate meetings, education or other interventions to ensure satisfactory resolution.
9. Collaborates with Access Department as needed to meet with patients and families to explain hospice services and complete forms for admission.