The Technical Vendor Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with 3rd party integration vendors for the purpose of developing health care integration partnerships and projects with existing and non-existing vendors. One main area of responsibility for the technical vendor manager will be to register with integration vendor development programs and draft POCs which help to identify strategic integrations Bridge Connector should consider pursuing. Another focus of the technical vendor manager is to stay aligned with vendor integration enhancements to ensure Bridge Connector customers and taking advantage of the latest and greatest integration features vendors have available. Minimal travel is required, approximately 25%, but can vary depending on business needs.
• Manage the procurement of strategic vendors, including sourcing, request for proposal, evaluation and selection.
• Lead activities for the setup of Sandbox/Staging environments to facilitate Proof of Concept testing with integration vendors.
• Provide guidance and oversight in the management of the vendor relationships, including the development and documentation of mutual expectations/SLAs.
• Work closely with varying levels of management in the primary business units to proactively manage the mix and number of vendors providing products and services to Bridge Connector’s clients.
• Responsible for supporting the ongoing development and implementation of vendor management tools, processes and best practices across the organization.
• Lead/Assist in complex contract negotiations in coordination with business partners and outside counsel where appropriate.
• Develop and implement spend management activities and opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and developments to better satisfy business partners needs and goals.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal business stakeholders by networking in order to understand business needs and identify opportunities.
• Advise business partners on contract requirements pertinent to their operations to assist in meeting objectives.
• Oversee sunset of vendors and ensure timely termination.
• Coordinate contract process in collaboration with Finance and Legal.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Business or a related field.
• More than 5 years of relevant vendor sourcing, management and negotiation experience (healthcare IT experience preferred).
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Reports directly to Director of Solution Engineering. Does not have purchasing and hiring decision making responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills
• Enterprise and SaaS-based software technologies
• Understanding of SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, FHIR, Relational Databases and HL7 V2.x, V3
• Demonstrated ability in creating and negotiating service level agreements.
• Ability to apply knowledge across complex business areas and lead cross functional teams comprised of the business, finance, information privacy and Law.
• Demonstrated ability to think and apply strategic direction by considering a broad range of internal and external factors
• Proven ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships, influence change with diplomacy and lead the decision-making processes.
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent research, analytical, problem solving, planning and organization skills required as well as a high degree of personal initiative and motivation.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.