Laird Norton Wealth Management, the Pacific NW’s largest independent wealth management firm, is seeking a full-time Client Associate to join our team. Based in Downtown Seattle, LNWM is dedicated to helping high-net-worth individuals and families manage and grow their wealth through financial planning, investment management, and trust & estate services.
As a member of the Client Services team, the Client Associate will assist Directors (client advisors) and Client Analysts in implementing a comprehensive wealth management strategy for our clients. Specifically, the Client Associate will provide administrative support to the advisory team including, but not limited to:
Client Communication and Deliverables: Preparing periodic client portfolio reports, analyses, and other client-ready documents and presentations; creating, editing, proofreading, and copying correspondence and memos to clients and directors; scheduling meetings, including contacting clients, reserving conference rooms on calendars, and ordering lunch when necessary; ensuring materials produced meet company standards and client meetings guidelines; processing and updating binders.
Account Administration: Coordinating account administration, including all required documentation and follow-up with clients to ensure that documents are received and signed properly; obtaining assets and verifying costs basis information; maintaining account files; understanding the basics of a trust document in relation to Associate duties; initiating reviews for analysts/directors to complete; facilitating opening and closing of accounts; ensuring documentation is maintained in an accurate and timely manner; maintaining ownership of client and third party information in CRM; scanning all pertinent documents and paperwork (paperless file); collecting and coordinating tax reports/forms for clients’ CPAs.
Internal Administration: Ensuring compliance with all protocols regarding safeguarding of information and other security measures; identifying and implementing changes in business processes that will streamline work procedures; setting priorities on delegated tasks, placing them into CRM and communicating with team when priority conflicts arise; communicating with team / following up when a task is completed or update team on next steps; serving on committees and task forces, as requested/available; backing up front desk and colleagues; attending company meetings, internal trainings, and team meetings.
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and Responsibilities will increase and vary based on needs of business.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Prefer 2 or more years’ experience in private wealth management, client services, or finance/banking operations.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required, advanced skills preferred. Other software applications, including financial software tools, are a plus.
- Professional certifications are not necessary, but are a plus.
Candidates must meet all employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background & credit checks and any pre-employment examinations, signing of all employee agreements, and have the ability to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities set forth in a consistent and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and research skills with attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment that strives for consensus wherever possible and seeks success of the team rather than the individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced by ability to professionally, personally and effectively interact with clients and co-workers and contribute to a respectful work environment.
- Portrays a professional company image both internally and externally.
- High ethical standards and the ability to place the clients’ needs before one’s own.
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential subject matter.
- Ability to stay current in industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to take on new responsibilities as business and organization needs require.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic accounting skills.
Our firm aims to cultivate an inclusive environment and culture that fosters growth, collaboration and acceptance; where we celebrate the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees; and where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves. Our diversity drives us forward and helps us build deeper relationships with our clients and our community.
LNWM is an equal opportunity employer. LNWM prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, civil air patrol status, national origin, immigration status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, and including medical conditions related to lactation) or medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics).
You will be joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing exceptional investment management and wealth planning services. Putting our clients first guides our decision-making and culture, and allows us to build long-term, caring and trusted relationships.
We love working in a professional yet relaxed working environment. We encourage openness, active listening, mutual respect, candor and integrity. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment where we encourage a work/life balance through a generous PTO policy and flexible work hours. We enjoy each other's company at team and firm-wide outings.
OUR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and skills and offer an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
Laird Norton Wealth Management offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, generous time off, flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care, 401(k) plan, paid transportation pass, and more. To learn more about LNWM please visit our website (www.lairdnortonwm.com).