About the Company
For the past twenty plus years, IDOC has remained committed to the success of independent optometrists, and today has emerged as a leading alliance of private optometric practice owners in the United States. Founded by an optometrist with the first-hand knowledge of private practice ownership, IDOC empowers independent owners to live the practice of their dreams. IDOC’s core value of “people first, always” and focus on innovation offer a significant competitive advantage to our membership of over 3,200 optometrists – enabling them to embrace change, seize opportunity, and position their practices for long-term success. IDOC serves its members through expert guidance from industry-admired consultants, metric-based business analytics, personal account management, member-exclusive vendor discounts and rebates, continuing education opportunities and national, regional, and local peer networking events.
We are proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! Check out what our employees say makes working here so great: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7025633
At IDOC, “we empower independent owners to live the practice of their dreams.” IDOC employees go to work every day with this “Why” as their motivation. IDOC is expanding and looking for a Practice Development Manager to provide exceptional service to independent optometrist members within a defined territory and grow new membership enrollment. Role responsibilities are primarily accomplished through phone-based prospecting and account management.
The right candidate will expand the IDOC network through outreach to potential new independent optometric practices and work to close qualified leads through our robust marketing strategy as well as develop new leads through an expansive network of existing members and vendor support. The PDM will acquire, onboard, and provide ongoing service to members within a defined territory. Core responsibilities will entail meeting membership growth goals for current member engagement and achieving new member growth targets.
- Identify, pursue, and close Independent Optometric Practices (prospects) for new IDOC memberships using a variety of sales techniques including networking with existing membership base and through soft lead generation.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage relationships with current members, Independent Optometry Business Owners (prospects), vendor partners, and local/state industry contacts within the territory to generate referrals.
- Communicate proposed value proposition for services through sales presentations and electronic communications to referral sources.
- Manage day-to-day interactions and engagement with existing member accounts; analyze business, conduct account reviews, provide solutions, resolve issues, increase vendor programs and engagement, upsell membership plans (if warranted), and serve as an extension of member’s business.
- Examine current member accounts for unmet needs and service deficiencies to provide recommended solutions and driving referrals.
- Gain additional referrals as a result of building strong business relationships from current membership base.
- Develop, expand, and leverage vendor relationships; through deep understanding of products and programs and to gain referrals for new memberships as an expected outcome.
- Demonstrate understanding of the independent optometry industry; stay well-informed on trends, competitors, state regulations, and managed care environment.
- Collaborate with IDOC departments and team members; professional affairs, marketing, consulting, accounting, etc.
- Foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information in order to optimize overall team sales strategies.
- Use, leverage, and maintain Provident and HubSpot CRM database systems for members and prospects.
- Complete all administrative duties including expense submission, travel planning, and more as required or directed.
- 5+ years of sales experience required, optical experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, SQL, Tableau, HubSpot (or similar Sales & CRM databases) and other data analytics tools, a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing key decision makers to buy in on a project or plan of action.
- Energetic and focused self-starter that is goal/results oriented
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment.
- Approximately 20% travel required, including, but not limited to, participation with IDOC National, Regional, and Local Events, Optical Industry National and Regional Events, and State Association Conferences.
- Team-oriented and “People First, Always” mindset; consistently meets commitments made to colleagues and helping others succeed.
- Kind, humble, and respectful attitude with a desire to serve others that supports our value of “Service at Our Core”.
- Values “Trusted Relationships” and builds strong client and partner relationships to deliver member-centric solutions; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Understand what it truly means to be “Better Together” by seeing the value and effectiveness of collaboration, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Honest, trustworthy, discreet, and highly protective of confidential information.
- Mature and professional demeanor that engenders trust.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written; able to solve conflict.
- Self-starter, self-reliant, flexible, and resilient; high level of self-motivation.
- Applies critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to find solutions; high level of influencing skills.
- Works well both independently and as a team to define processes, coordinate work, and manage communications across the business.
- Resourceful with ability to troubleshoot and think independently and proactively.
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.