Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
The Coding Team Coordinator supports the Coding Team by performing services related to coding team functions. The Coding Team Coordinator is responsible for activities necessary to process charges related to clinical and surgical services rendered within TOA.
- Access practice management system to complete functions, such as but not limited to, labeling batches, assessing remaining documentation needs and entering notes
- Act as coding team communication liaison with providers by corresponding with providers utilizing internal email
- Monitor email for provider responses
- Utilize Excel (or other appropriate tools) to facilitate communication regarding claim hold status
- Monitor coding holds and works towards timely resolution with providers and site management
- Correspond with coding team management and coders regarding documentation needs
- Access TOA and facility EHR to gather documentation
- Scan documentation into TOA patient charts
- Respond to email and perform tasks within a defined time frame
- Additional coding team responsibilities, such as projects and other duties, as needed
The ideal candidate will have extensive successful experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a great tolerance for shifting priorities and workflow
- This position will train onsite in our Nashville, TN office for 4-12 weeks before transitioning to remote location following meeting expectations for remote work
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and professionally
- Capable of completing multiple projects, simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient in all Windows and Microsoft applications (Excel or other appropriate electronic tool, Word, Outlook and Teams)
- Strong attention to detail, focus on quality work output, and adherence to time deadlines
- Flexible, team-player
- Capacity to work independently, and escalate issues if/when appropriate
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.