Who We Are:
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands people love and places people love to be. We are home to 160+ diverse and creative thinkers and doers around the globe; headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, London, and Madrid. Unified by an approach that is people-centered and strategy-led, we create meaningful connections between our clients, their consumers, and the communities we engage and celebrate through our work. Our concepts and campaigns are left and right brained. We move people--and the needle.
Who You Are:
You are a compassionate, intentional, resourceful, and collaborative individual with 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably within HR, people operations or employee experience. You see the glass half-full, use data to corroborate insight and intuition, understand the value of laughter and listening, and are dedicated to elevating the employee experience at Streetsense.
You are committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity, innovation, curiosity, kindness, empathy and service—in equal measure toward our colleagues, our clients, and the communities we serve.
As we reimagine the way we work in a post-pandemic era, the People Operations Coordinator will be integral to supporting the implementation of a transformational 2022 People Team agenda. This role will be positioned to catalyze these aspirations, and you will experience tremendous opportunity for professional development within our vibrant and growing people team and organization.
This position will model our commitments to community and the spirit of service by supporting all People Team initiatives, including assistance with human resources activities, culture and employee experience and engagement, and facilities coordination. As such this position is expected to be onsite in our Washington, DC, headquarters four (4) days a week, schedule TBD.
- Serves as the first point of contact for all visitors, including welcoming guests and receiving packages, providing a warm and hospitable introduction to Streetsense HQ.
- Assists employees with basic requests and questions related to human resources or the office facility, escalating issues as needed to the appropriate internal or external support role.
- Collaborates with the Community Manager to ensure an organized, supportive, and welcoming atmosphere throughout the office, to include preparing the office space for open and close, stocking supplies, maintaining conference room calendars, keeping a tidy work environment, and placing service calls, as needed.
- Assists with scheduling and coordination of employment events, including employment verifications, onboarding, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Creates initial employee records in HRIS and maintains personnel files.
- Administers health and wellness plans including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Performs benefits administration to include open enrollment coordination, statement reconciliation, and communicating basic benefit information to employees.
- Maintains company calendar and sends out daily staff-wide communications, such as birthday and staff milestone acknowledgements, cultural opportunities, and event announcements.
- Administrative and logistical support to people operations, including information and process workflow management and facilitation, development of presentations and project management materials, as needed.
- Supports executives as needed, to include calendar management, expense reporting, and travel arrangements.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Promise to You:
- Provide an inclusive, respectful and engaging employee experience where your individuality is celebrated and your professional growth is deliberate.
- Cultivate engagement with our organizational DEIB and community service missions.
- Value employee wellness and a culture of flexibility to support your physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Provide you with benefits that support your life; like medical, dental and vision insurance, time off, flexibility, 401(k) matching, financial wellness and advisement services, paid family leave, paid membership to all Calm resources (Meditation, Masterclass, Body, Sleep, Work, Music).
- Virtual and in-person experiential opportunities to engage with your colleagues and our local/global communities through social and service event activations.
- Provide a flexible work environment.
- Promote a culture of kindness, accountability, and respect.
- Encourage you to share your ideas, engage in radical collaboration, and have fun building a world class program.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ experience in similar position preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with demonstrated acumen managing sensitive information while remaining mindful of various stakeholder priorities
- Collaborative spirit and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter and driven with an exceptional attention to detail
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems preferred, and/or willingness to develop proficiency