UAP North America, is looking for a full-time Patinist to join our busy foundry, located in Rock Tavern, NY.
UAP | Urban Art Projects believes incredible things don't just happen; they're created, nurtured, believed in. Spanning art, architecture, design, environments, and everything in between – UAP works with artists and creatives to make incredible things all over the world. Visit uapcompany.com for more information.
UAP collaborates with emerging and renowned artists, architects, developers, and designers; to deliver creative outcomes for the public realm. We engage in all aspects of the delivery process from curatorial services and design development, through to fabrication and installation. Visit uapcompany.com for more information.
- Work within a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team;
- Surface preparation, and application of hot and cold patinas to various metals (primarily bronze);
- An eye for color matching, and ability to sample & formulate chemical solutions;
- Application of wax and clear coats to finished pieces;
- General understanding of finishes and artwork context to inform maintenance recommendations for outgoing works;
- Testing of various solutions/finishes, and diligent record-keeping of application procedures;
- Occasional off-site restoration work.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in patina work;
- Other metal finishing & fabrication experience a plus;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent team player;
- Strong work ethic and focus on delivery;
- Appreciation for the art world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, ESPP, annual bonuses and more. If you have the skills to excel in this role, we want to hear from you.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Patina Specialist position.
UAP Productions LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.