Prevailance is a growing defense contracting company located in Virginia Beach’s Town Center. With over 130 employees, we provide services to the U.S. Department of Defense locally and nationwide, utilizing Microsoft Office products and other IT solutions to communicate and coordinate company objectives. Being a defense subcontractor, we are subject to robust cybersecurity policies under the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program. As an integral member of the Prevailance Cybersecurity Team, you will provide technical support and assistance to resolve issues with our computer networks and systems and ensure compliance with CMMC 2.0 guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support—identifying, investigating, and troubleshooting users’ computer software and hardware problems—for problems specific to the organization’s computer networks and systems.
- Assists with CMMC compliance by supporting specific CMMC controls, including monitoring, configuration, and maintenance of company networks and systems to minimize accidental or deliberate cybersecurity events.
- Applies knowledge of operating systems, computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems.
- Works with Director of Cybersecurity to develop hardware recapitalization plans.
- Arranges service by third-party software or hardware vendors to repair or replace defective products.
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops and maintains relationships and regularly communicates with the Cybersecurity Team to facilitate collaborative troubleshooting and support and to provide updates to the program’s status.
The ideal candidate is someone who will take the initiative to make this position a contributing member of the Prevailance Team. In addition, they will have a broad knowledge base from which to approach new challenges and the drive to dig deeper when further investigation is required. Finally, they will address every employee’s IT issue with a sense of urgency, patience, and knowledge, no matter how simple or complex the issue.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Superior understanding of computer and networking hardware and software systems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Professional with or the ability to quickly learn a broad array of networking and systems hardware and software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with CMMC 2.0/NIST 800-171 program.
- At least four years of related experience is required.
Must be able to pass a background check.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. The government has not established a date by which EO 14042 will be enforced.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. is VEVRAA Compliant.