HBS Project Managers are responsible for providing direction, coordination, execution, deployment, control, and completion of projects required to build and maintain software assets for our customers. Project managers work closely with customers, building positive relationships and serving as a liaison between their business and HBS delivery teams to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. Project managers will keep HBS stakeholders informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or customer experience.
Roles and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manage projects from concept creation through implementation. Facilitate the project scope, goals, milestones, deliverables, detailed tasks, and resource requirements.
- Act as a customer engagement manager on all customer projects with emphasis on delivering agreed scope on time, on budget while providing an outstanding customer experience
- Manage project teams and outside vendors to ensure successful delivery of project services and deliverables.
- Develop and implement project communication plans to verify all stakeholders and project team members are informed of project status.
- Consult with and collaborate with all stakeholders to create and execute overall project plan.
- Lead and coordinate daily operations of project teams, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, setting deadlines.
- Mitigate and manage escalated project issues and risks.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others as needed to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Evaluate proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Prepare and review operational reports and project progress reports.
- Expertly establish and manage project cost baseline, risk register, issue log, stakeholder registry, change control log, and other project artifacts.
- Execute, monitor, and control project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Work in multiple industries, functional areas, and business processes to build customer knowledge and credibility.
- Work with Sales Teams to promote project management and develop new opportunities for the Business Consulting Team.
- Track and report project team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Identify opportunities for project cost efficiencies and process improvements.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility.
- Communication: Ability to promote understanding through exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Change Management: Change management looks at the ability of the individual to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Conceptual Thinking: Conceptual thinking is the ability to understand a situation or problem by identifying patterns or connections between ideas or situations that are not obviously related; to recognize and organize the parts of an issue in a systematic way; and to frame new ideas and courses of action.
- Decision Making: Decision making skills look at the ability of the individual to select an effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures.
- Innovative: Innovation is the ability to go beyond the conventional, a willingness to try different solutions, and to encourage new ideas from employees and co-workers.
- Leadership: Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
- Project Management: Project management skills looks at the ability of the individual to demonstrate an understanding of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling work tasks.
- Team Builder: Team Building skills look at the ability of the individual to help ensure that team members are invested in team activities and decisions, and that the team works together to achieve a goal.
- 10+ years of project management experience across various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Experience working as a Project Manager on application development and DevOps focused projects
- Experience in presenting solutions to customers
- Experience working in a professional services organization
- Experience/willingness to help growing organization mature delivery processes and methodologies
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Experience as a manager, lead or equivalent
- Business & IT strategy experience
Required Skills, Education and/or Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics or Business Administration
- Certification (PMI PMP, PMI Agile Senior Scrum Master, etc.)
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Ability to communicate with customers, fellow team members and stakeholders
- Proficiency in project management software tools – SharePoint & Microsoft Suite (MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, Azure DevOps)
Preferred Skills, Education and/or Certifications:
- Advanced Agile Certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets