Job Summary: The Project Architect works with the Design Project Manager to lead a professional team to deliver the design, modeling, project management and construction administration for ERDMAN projects. This individual works under the authority of the Architect of Record or acts as the Architect of Record for assigned projects, and is generally responsible for one project at a time.
- Schematic Design, Design Development & Construction Documents: Responsible for leading the coordination of all architectural and engineering resources for assigned projects. This responsibility includes interior design, and site design as well as project drawings, code analysis, specifications, and site development documentation.
- Project Management: Manages the interface between all architectural and engineering disciplines and the project leadership team by coordinating project requirements and documentation to ensure alignment with the project scope including design, quality, schedule, and budget, and in adherence to applicable codes and regulations.
- Project Programming & Analysis: Works with the Project Executive and other leaders to develop the project program; ensure compliance and alignment of the project charter throughout the project; and, coordinate the architectural content of the project analysis.
- Performance Management: Works with team members to establish clear goals and expectations, provides ongoing feedback, develops skills and knowledge of team members, and rewards people for their behavior and results.
Education: Accredited degree in Architecture; Master’s degree preferred
Certification and/or License:
Licensed architect; NCARB preferred
LEED certification preferred
EDAC certification preferred
Relevant Experience & Training:
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, including previous experience with healthcare or senior living architecture. 10+ years desired as we approach a more senior level.
- Understanding of the requirements for different construction types and applications for all types of engineering system designs, construction sequencing and priorities, and costs of different materials and systems.
- Proficient with accessibility, building, life safety codes, and FGI Guidelines
- Proficient with Revit software and MS Office.
Working Conditions: 10% national travel required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ERDMAN is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or and other characteristic protected by law.