The Norfolk Companies continues to grow and we are looking for our next addition to our finance/accounting team for an Accounts Payable Specialist opportunity. Is it you?
Do you have prior accounts payable experience supporting a highly transactional business. Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Or a recent grad with an Accounting or Business degree?
It may be if you enjoy working for a family-owned and operated company with a variety of businesses. We have been in business for 4 generations since 1934. The Norfolk Companies supplies cabinetry, countertops, and related items to multi family housing projects all over New England and beyond. We work with large general contractors, property management companies, and housing authorities supplying and in some cases installing kitchen and bath related products. Norfolk consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath, and Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors. Collectively we have approximately 200 employees across 7 locations and we continue to grow our staff to manage our sales revenue.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the accurate, timely posting of Accounts Payable invoices, manage inter-company transactions and work closely with internal departments and vendors to ensure invoices and purchase orders are posted.
Will be responsible for reconciling monthly statements, research any discrepancies and follow through.
You will have the following skills:
- Aptitude for math and problem solving and able to utilize Excel for tallies and calculations (GP%)
- Able to work in a team focused environment
- Detailed, organized in work processes
- Strong organizational, analytical and recording skills
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Review and record invoices from vendors to ensure accuracy in payments
- Working knowledge of electronic shared folder environment
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an Accounts Payable role OR Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience working with Great Plains and BisTrack software, we are willing to train
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products & office equipment
Norfolk prides it self on being “big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.” Joining Norfolk means you can make a difference and be part of a company that truly values and appreciates its employees, customers and suppliers. We all play a role in our success.
We are family-owned and operated company and have been in business since 1934 (88 years). Our President is 4th generation and being very successful in managing and growing our company.
Norfolk offers paid time off, Free on-site employee gym, 401k with company match and several other benefits. We enjoy interacting with our employees, so we are 100% office based.
What do we do?
Primarily we design beautiful kitchens, bathrooms and living spaces and sell the cabinetry, countertops and accessories for the space. We also have our legacy location in Boston which is where Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is located supporting the local community with their hardware and DIY projects. Our commercial sales division supports the multifamily sector and our manufacturing shop supply these customers with countertop materials.