Are you a person who is detailed and enjoy a fast paced support role? Norfolk Companies' distribution center is the hub where a majority of the receiving and shipping occurs supporting our 6 locations. Be part of the team focused on the final steps of our kitchen & bath design business.
The Warehouse & Delivery Administrator is responsible for monitoring all delivery requests via email and phone, communicating with all internal and external customers to confirm delivery requests, verifying the order is ready for picking, assigning the order to a specific delivery date and truck journey, printing and assigning the picking ticket, marking the order as picked and marking the order as delivered. This role is also responsible for answering all internal and external customer questions regarding delivery status or ETA and answering any questions or concerns from all delivery drivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor all delivery requests via email, phone and Bistrack (our operating system) order monitor to understand orders that are ready for picking/delivery
• Confirm delivery requests with internal or external customers via email and phone
• Working with picking lead, create routes (journeys) for all delivery trucks based on requested time windows, installation needs, freight and truck sizing, geographic routing, etc.
• Print and issue picking tickets to warehouse staff
• Receive picking tickets and mark orders as picked and generate backorders as required
• Finalize and print all delivery manifests and issue to delivery drivers
• Mark deliveries in process when trucks leave the building
• Answer all phone calls related to shipping questions from both internal and external customers
• Monitor email communication all day for requests, questions, etc.
• Escalate any high priority requests or personnel issues to the Warehouse Operations Manager
• May assist with other warehouse tasks, such as inventory counts
• Able to be cross trained to perform various job functions including picking, packing, receiving, truck loading in a safe manner as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills with all methods of communication (phone, email, text, etc.)
• Excellent time-management skills, a “can-do” attitude
• Ability to meet critical deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and working with PDF/attachments
• Knowledge and understanding of material sizes and volume to assess how much to fit on a truck (helpful)
• Ability to prioritize daily demands to meet customer requirements
• Strong problem resolution skills and able to defuse a conflict and bring a "win-win" resolution
Education and Experience
• 2+ years logistics or administrative experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment
• Experience working with an electronic order processing system
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Able to walk, bend, stand on even and uneven surfaces
• Ability to lift and/or pull 50+ lbs (occasionally)
• Ability to operate a fork truck and other warehouse equipment safely (will train)
• Able to climb (ladders, trucks)
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance. Staying healthy is important to us so we offer a free company fitness center (at our Braintree location).