The Cart Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and appearance of the golf cart fleet.
Essential job functions:
- Check carts daily to verify that they are operating properly and have clean appearance.
- Diagnose mechanical failures and repair all golf carts according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances. Ensure all items under warranty are serviced properly.
- Order and maintain parts inventory.
- Meet with superintendent to discuss procedures and improvements for cart operations.
- Perform preventive maintenance per cart procedures.
- Check for proper storage of carts at night and verify the cleanliness of each cart.
- Record cart maintenance in the maintenance log.
- Assist in planning cart usage for tournaments.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Assist in annual budgeting concerning cart maintenance (daily and preventive), repairs and replacement.
- Keep necessary departments informed on all maintenance due on carts.
- Keep workstation neat and clean.
- Perform any additional duties as required by Management.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- The co-worker can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wildlife such as snakes, scorpions, spiders, bees and hornets
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years’ experience as a mechanic
- Knowledge of electric and gas powered golf carts and engines.
- Friendly demeanor with experience in customer service
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.