Iowa City Hospice has a part time ARNP opening. Our ARNP is responsible for patient care activities involving symptom management, wound care, and face-to-face visits that require Nurse Practitioner licensure. We are seeking candidates with exceptional communication skills and a nice mixture of attention to detail, a love of new challenges and follow through that assures patients needs are addressed and attended.
If your care goals include making a focused difference in the quality of life for patients & family members through pain control and end of life symptom management while working with a dynamic interdisciplinary team, then we would like to speak with you about our current full time employment opportunity.
FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE for 50% (20 hours per week) or higher employees!
- Assigned Company Equipment including an I Phone and Company Car
- Bi-Weekly Pay structure that includes annual pay for performance bonus and merit incentives designed to reward and recognize a job well done
- Opportunity to be promoted, assist with case managing or join our office staff team
- 3 Wellmark Medical Plans (single; + spouse, +child(ren); family)
- Dental (single; + spouse, +child(ren); family)
- Avesis Vision (single; + spouse, +child(ren); family)
- Tasc Flex Spending (Medical & Child Care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Matching 403b Retirement Plan with professional financial advising
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Disability Insurance
- 19 Days of Vacation Leave
- 12 Days of Sick Leave
- 8 paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Management Support
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm, schedule based on business need.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Conduct face-to-face visits with Iowa City Hospice patients to meet Medicare requirements.
- Provide consultation, including patient visits, for wound management care for Iowa City Hospice patients.
- Provide consultation, including patient visits, on symptom management for Iowa City Hospice patients.
- Admit patients and develop initial plan of care, coordinating the admission process as requested during hours worked.
- Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication standards to advance cooperative working relationships with Iowa City Hospice staff, management and care partners.
- Ensure effective use of resources.
- Serve as an educational source to staff, Care Partners and the Community.
- Ensure implementation of strategic goals
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Participate in Iowa City Hospice’s success by ensuring access to our exceptional care.
- Support and promote Iowa City Hospice’s mission to lead in providing exceptional patient-centered end-of-life care and grief support to anyone affected by a terminal illness.
- Participate in the organization’s quality assessment and performance improvement program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Licensure: Current Iowa License as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in
- the State of Iowa.
- Education : BSN degree and Certification as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Experience: Hospice experience preferred.
- Proof of IA Driver License and current Auto insurance coverage.
- US work authorization (Required)
- Passionate about hospice and home care with a genuine desire to help others
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after background check is completed
- 2 step TB testing is required.
- First Aid training
- Mandatory Reporter Training
- Iowa City Hospice requires applicable Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (ACHPN®) by the 3rd year of employment.
- COVID-19 considerations: COVID 19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption required; applicable infection control standards are applied company wide to assure a safer work environment.