The primary objective of this position is to educate, train, and assist clients in minimizing risks and hazards in their workplaces. This is accomplished by visiting worksites, identifying risks, analyzing procedures, and proposing recommendations to the client on how to control areas of risk exposure. This position will help clients prevent losses and give guidance on minimizing the severity of the claim in the case of an occurrence. Ultimately, the Safety and Loss Control Consultant will assist clients in maintaining a safe work environment for their employees and help control insurance costs.
This position reports to the Director of Commercial Operations – UNITEL Division.
- Consult with clients through virtual meetings, phone calls, and occasional worksite visits to identify and reduce worksite hazards for our clients.
- Collaborate with our Carriers and Partners for client assessments and educational opportunities.
- Review contracts, assist in risk transfer, and provide support for carrier recommendations.
- Develop safety procedures and facilitate safety policy training for clients.
- Create presentations, training materials, and newsletters.
- Offer and lead required education and training for clients, such as OSHA compliant classes, CPR/AED trainings, Forklift training, Safe Driving courses, Confined Spaces classes, etc.
- Collaborate with our Claims Team to assess losses and offer solutions to avoid similar losses in the future.
- Support our Advisor Team with new business opportunities and presenting to prospective clients.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in the areas of workplace safety, regulations, and procedures, including Cyber/Ransom attack prevention, through continuous learning and gathering resources.
- 3+ years directly involved with worksite safety initiatives
- Coordinating and leading safety training is preferred
- Knowledge of property & liability coverages is a plus
- OSHA 500 Certification
- Associates in Risk Management (ARM) designation, Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification, or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- CPR Trainer Certification
- Moderate travel will be required for this position. Many meetings can now be done virtual, but some travel is encouraged for client relations, continuing education, seminars or conferences.
- Possesses a passion for safety and understanding each clients’ unique industry.
- Demonstrates exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to engage seminar attendees and educate on a variety of safety topics.
- Analytical mindset and natural ability to offer proactive solutions.
- Orderly and systematic approach to projects and ability to focus on details within procedures and regulations.
- Goal-oriented and desire to see initiatives through from start to finish.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, and provide insights to further develop this position for greater impact on our organization and clients’ success.
And, above all, we look for team members who embody our core values: Professional. Team Player. Positive. Trust.
UNICO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We aim to provide employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.