Avesta Housing is seeking a Personal Care Aide (PCA) to work at our assisted living residence, 75 State Street. The role of Personal Care Aide (PCA) is to provide high quality care to the residents of the facility that is consistent with procedures outlined by Health Services and the mission of 75 State Street.
About Seventy Five State Street
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing home designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
What it's Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others, strengthening our community, and ensuring compliance with state and federal standard of care requirements gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta's Seventy Five State Street location being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will have 1 or more years’ experience working within a similar role, (preferably in a healthcare setting) and meet the following requirements:
- Excellent judgment
- Caring attitude
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and portray a positive, team-player attitude
- Experience working with the elderly in a personal care environment preferred.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to residents, family, staff, and outside facilities and vendors.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements.
- Commitment to quality services and treating residents with dignity and respect.
Click HERE to view the full job description for the PCA position.
This is a full-time position.
These are non-exempt/hourly positions that pay $15-$18 per hour.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- +Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental health counseling
- 7 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application and apply today!