Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including free medical insurance!
Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – both for our residents who rely on 75 State Street to provide a safe, supportive environment in which to age in place, and for our staff – without whom we could not maintain our stellar reputation for care and community. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and an outstanding work environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of Personal Care Aide (PCA) is to provide high quality care to the residents of the facility that is consistent with procedures outlined by Health Services and the mission of 75 State Street. Duties include: personal care, assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL).
- Provide direct resident care including assistance with bathing, dressing, ambulation, transferring, and other physical and personal care assistance.
- Observe, report, and document changes in resident behavior and general condition. Maintain accurate medical records which includes height, weight, vital signs, ADL, and IADL.
- Provide a safe environment for residents, which includes: providing the appropriate support in event of an emergency, maintaining a clean environment and sanitary equipment, and ensuring adequate supplies.
- Provide assistance with equipment (i.e..: walkers, canes, etc.) as needed
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Comply with Mandatory Reporting to Adult Protective Services.
- Follow established safety procedures and report safety hazards promptly.
- Assist other nursing staff as necessary.
- Light housekeeping and cleaning.
- Assistance with residents’ snacks and meals in accordance with practice or procedures.
- Assist with resident activities.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Remain at the facility until a replacement arrives or to cover additional shifts when necessary.
- Attend all mandatory in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with the elderly in a personal care environment preferred.
- Successful completion of curriculum developed by DHS required within 120 days of hire if employee averages at least 20 hours per week.
- Valid CPR certification, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to residents, family, staff, and outside facilities and vendors.
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements.
- Commitment to quality services and treating residents with dignity and respect.
- Ability to work effectively with others and portray a positive, team-player attitude.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 403(b), flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.