Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including free medical insurance!
Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – both for our residents who rely on 75 State Street to provide a safe, supportive environment in which to age in place, and for our staff – without whom we could not maintain our stellar reputation for care and community. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and an outstanding work environment.
Position Summary: This is a hands-on position managing the daily operations of the housekeeping department at a large senior living community. Provide impeccable housekeeping services for resident rooms and common areas throughout complex, while providing excellent customer service, contributing to a quality living environment for all residents, establishing and maintaining a positive and productive working relationship with all departments, and adhering to the agency’s policies and procedures and Assisted Living Philosophy.
Salary: $25 an hour
- Ensure the community is clean by monitoring all the daily operations of the housekeeping staff, including resident and common room checks.
- Coordinate Housekeeping Technicians, providing guidance and supervisory support.
- Manage the schedules of housekeepers.
- Lead, hire and train housekeeping staff to adhere to our high standards of cleanliness.
- Interface with residents, following up on complaints and adjusting services based on resident feedback.
- Report maintenance issues to appropriate parties.
- Inventory and order housekeeping supplies.
- Fiscal and budgetary management of the housekeeping operations including creating and maintaining departmental budgets, forecasts, and financial reports as needed.
- Ensure Housekeeping Technicians are up to date with annual required training.
- Participate in all routine housekeeping and laundry duties, covering shifts as needed.
- Prepare units within established timeframes between move out and move-ins.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules, policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Ensure that all external common areas are kept clean in accordance with Agency policy.
- Embody core values of 75 State Street at all times.
- Value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support, and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Exhibit a consistent positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors, families, and co-workers. Maintain good working relationships with residents and other staff.
- Maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when relevant.
- Attend all required trainings, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Knowledge of cleaning techniques and ability to train others
· Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in a hospitality setting.
· Ability to make decisions and use sound judgement.
· Ability to interact well with people.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, and guests.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software as needed.
· Ability to walk, stand, and push a housekeeping cart and vacuum.
Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Paid Parental leave, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance