Looking to make a difference at Philbrook? The Learning and Audience Engagement Team is seeking Program Assistants to join their team!
Nestled in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, Philbrook Museum of Art is a 1920s Italianate Villa featuring a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions and galleries with selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 16,000 objects. With artworks from Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe dating from 3,000 BCE to today, Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
Our amazing team of program assistants help to create learning environments where visitors feel welcome and engaged in Philbrook’s galleries and gardens by engaging visitors and supporting the physical needs of program events. Through excellent customer service and an awareness of different visitor needs and interests, the Program Assistant I may provide support for guests during pre-registration programs, such as art camps or workshops, or facilitate a specific activity during drop-in, everyday experiences. While part of a team and facilitating experiences planned by others, Program Assistant I is expected to anticipate needs, provide feedback, and problem solve on an ongoing basis in order to ensure great experiences for everyone.
Engages visitors during programs and everyday experiences in the galleries and gardens to:
- Acts as a facilitator during programs
- Assists visitors of all ages with activities relating to art, artmaking, nature, wellness, and more.
- Maintains an organized, inviting, and clean space for visitors
- Provides directions, answer questions, and facilitate event check-in
Space and Supply Preparation
- Assists with the physical setup, maintenance, and breakdown of temporary program spaces.
- Maintains organization, functionality, and cleanliness of assigned area during programs and events and perform clean up and restocking afterwards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of relevant experience, such as customer service, teaching, or working with children
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people in a friendly and respectful way
- Comfort with creative activities and open-ended learning environments
- Ability to anticipate needs of visitors and problem solve in the moment when needed
- Exhibits an interest in learning and applying engagement strategies for visitors of all ages and motivations
- Willing to give feedback and respond constructively to performance feedback
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.