WHO WE ARE:
Branches is on a mission to educate and inspire people through student, family, and financial wellness services in partnership with our communities.
We believe in meeting the needs of the next generation by addressing both the parent and the child simultaneously in our 2-Gen approach that supports a family’s wellbeing, ensuring that each family member is supported in reaching their full potential. Our holistic approach builds long term, ongoing relationships with local communities to leverage and promote collective impact for the families we serve.
Branches houses and operates two of the three United Way Centers for Financial Stability (CFS) located in Miami-Dade County. The Achieve Programs offer financial wellness services which are focused on creating opportunities for families as a whole by providing one-on-one financial coaching, financial education, and entrepreneurship support to all ages – from Kindergarten through Adulthood. The Financial Coach will support the achievement of this mission by providing coaching and case management for the participants served. Main responsibilities will include conducting and coordinating the intake, referral, support, and outcomes of the participants.
1. Direct Service (65%): Providing direct services include: conducting a series of trainings, stand-alone trainings, one-on-one coaching on financial stability, credit education and repair, debt reduction plan, loan application assistance, automobile purchase plans, opening bank accounts, preparing taxes, benefit screening and applications.
- Conduct and coordinate the intake and assessment of individuals and families
- Elicit individualized financial stability plans in collaboration with each participant
- Provide coaching, service and/or education on credit education and repair, automobile purchase plans, opening bank accounts, and all other benefits that will help the individuals move towards financial stability
- Provide strong referrals to internal and external service providers by following the internal and/or external policies and procedures
- Coach and encourage participants to take specific steps towards achieving their financial goals through developing financial stability plans and other tools available
- Review the financial plans of participants and identify any needs /gaps
- Follow-up and evaluate progress with participants
2. Data Management & Administration (15%)
- Ensure participants electronic files are accurate, up-to-date, and secure in our Data Management Software
- Provide information and prepare reports on a regular basis and present them to the Manager, Financial Capability
- Track and compile outcomes of services provided
3. Outreach & Stakeholder Development (10%)
- Plan and coordinate events for participants and partners
- Regularly communicate with community and partner stakeholders to promote and expand the offerings of the Financial Wellness Program
- Attend and support the program's individual and group activities – providing direct services based on the needs of the participants
- Attend community or partner events to market the services, recruit participants and, build relationships with partners or prospect partners
4. Mentorship & Support: (10%)
- Support the development of a high-performing unit by motivating and coaching the team to achieve their objectives, fostering open communication and the free flow of ideas to increase morale, harmony, collaboration, effectiveness, and synergy
- Mentor and support Junior Financial Coaches to perform efficiently and effectively
Branches’ Way – Grow Deeper, Climb Higher
Worth— We believe each person has sacred value, is created in the image of God and has inherent self-worth. People matter and therefore are our priority.
Wonder— We dream and then co-create the future with students and families which means we do not wait for the future to just happen.
Welcome— At Branches all people are welcomed, received and valued in contrast to the rejection and exclusion that people all too often experience in the world.
With — What we do is transformational and not transactional. We connect with people and build relationships as opposed to treating people like a number or a service unit. Together we become the Branches family.
Walk— While the destination is important, we recognize the journey is the essential part. The day-to-day work we do is like walking with people on the journey in which we all explore, discover and become renewed.
Words– We create a positive, hopeful environment at Branches through the ways and the words we speak to others. Be our words fun, friendly, firm or whatever, we always affirm the other and speak with love.
The work is performed either in a regular office (at least 70%) or conducted in various parts of the Miami-Dade County at partner and program locations (up to 30%). Evening and some weekend work may be required. Reliable transportation is expected to fulfill normal duties.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION NOTICE
We follow Federal Law requirements to provide reasonable accommodation to applicants, candidates, and employees who qualify. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to perform any of the job functions of this position.
As a full-time member of Branches, staff are eligible for the following benefits: affordable medical, dental, vision and short-term disability insurance, 15 paid holidays per year, vacation, and sick/personal time off, and 6% retirement matching with the 403 (B) plan.
*Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. We do not sponsor employment visas. *
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required preferably in the social service, marketing and business or related fields; a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Proficiency in written and spoken English necessary; Creole and Spanish speaking ability is desired.
- Experience and demonstrated success in serving at risk low to moderate income populations.
- Experience/certification as a credit counselor or financial educator is a plus.
- Experience and demonstrated success in working with local churches, schools, workforce offices and/or community groups.
- Experienced and comfortable communicating one-on-one and with small groups of people on a variety of financial and miscellaneous topics.
- Experience and demonstrated past success in leadership of a program or team is preferred.
- Experience in nonprofit sector preferred, especially in client services or case management.