Under general supervision, provides a range of clinical, administrative, and staff support to a full-range dental services operation. Performs dental and radiography procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocols, procedures, policies, and standards. Patient Care - Evaluates patients’ teeth and gums, recording the presence of disease, abnormalities, or existing restorations; Delivers preventive, periodontal, endodontic therapies.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village offer a competitive salary, robust medical/dental/vision/life insurance, identity theft protection program, matching retirement plan, ample paid time off, a comprehensive award winning wellness program with reimbursement incentives, generous tuition reimbursement, and continuing education benefits. Some positions may qualify for a sign on bonus and relocation assistance.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Education, Training or Certifications Required:
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program.
- Successful completion for National and State boards.
- Current State of Maine Dental hygienist and Radiology Licensure.
- Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.