Kythera Space Solutions is the leading provider of dynamic management systems for next generation satellite payloads. Sophisticated communication satellites with channelization and beam forming capabilities promise satellite operators and their customers extraordinary flexibility and newfound complexity. Kythera’s intelligent, real-time systems make it easy to harness the power of high-throughput satellites.
Kythera Space Solutions is seeking mid-level software developers / engineers to design, build, test, and enhance complex, real-time software systems and products for our space solutions business.
If you are a creative thinker with outstanding design skills who enjoys collaborative cross-team and customer engagement, join the Kythera team developing next generation, satellite resource management optimization solutions.
- Design and develop software for both existing and new products in line with software requirements
- Create analogous unit test for software components
- Debug software and correct defects
- Ability to help systems interface how the systems ( visibility to the functioning of the system)
- Collaborate with other team members, departments, and customers
- Participate in agile or incremental development processes, as required
- Continue to grow your software expertise by learning from senior developers, while also mentoring junior developers
Exceptional development, mathematical and problem-solving skills required. Successful candidates will have exposure to some combination of the following: object-oriented design, micro services, containerization, data structures, communication protocols, optimization algorithm development, data visualization.
- 10+ years of experience in software and/or software product development
- Optimization experience a plus (Optimization Algorithms - python)
- Strong systems interface skills
- Background in both agile and incremental software engineering practices
- Experience in developing mission-critical or high availability real-time software a plus
Education: Bachelors or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degrees with demonstrated experience
Candidates must have a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, strategize on complex problems, and think outside the box to find solutions. Strong communication and writing skills are an absolute must. Candidates must also be self-motivated and self-managing of their workload to meet deliverable deadlines.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in a small company where every day is new, you see the impact of your contributions, and can collaborate with the best in the field, then please apply.
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000E
Bethesda, MD 20814
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)