WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR NURSES!
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Team RN is an integral member of the patient care team, providing clinical care management, coordination services throughout the continuum of care and serves as the team nurse. The Team RN supports patients by facilitating implementation of the prescribed medical treatment plan through patient-centered education of disease processes and wellness opportunities and through patient self-management skill development. The nurse process and established protocols will be used to coordinate the delivery of care consistent with a teambased, patient-centered approach to provide health services and education to patients and families through effective partnership with patient’s medical home team, community resources, medical professionals, pharmacies and the Westside Family Healthcare organization. The Team RN will provide safe, therapeutic, efficient, quality care in all patient interactions.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Partners with the patient and family, the primary care provider, and other team members to implement an interdisciplinary plan of care. Participates in daily huddles with the Nurse team.
- Proactively and continuously reviews patient medical records to identify any care needs requiring intervention
- Works with patients and families to ensure both medical and psychosocial needs are met in order to promote health and well-being and to identify any barriers that inhibit the patient from adhering to the prescribed plan of care
- Educates patient/family about medical conditions (existing or newly diagnosed) to assist them in appropriate self-management
- Proactively incorporates lifestyle improvement opportunities and preventative care into patient interactions, empowering patients to reach their individual health goals
- Assesses and documents progress towards goals based on provider’s plan of care; utilizing clinical judgment, established protocols, review of patients’ self-monitory tools and trends in clinical data (i.e., HbA1c, LDL, BP)
- Promotes timely access to appropriate care, increasing the utilization of preventative care and healthy behaviors to improve the health of the population at risk
- Provides ambulatory care support as a member of the care team, which may include, but is not limited to walk-in and/or telephone triage utilizing established protocols
- Proactively advocates for patient care issues to ensure overall quality and adherence to provider’s plan of care; ensuring care is sensitive to each specific patient’s needs
- Participates in quality improvement activities and initiatives
- Maintains compliance with all professional and organization requirements to meet position standards
- Team RN III ONLY: those meeting qualifications and demonstrating an interest in progression towards RN Case Manager role will be assigned a mentor. Upon successful training, may be assigned small caseload of patients for management
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Active RN licensure in the State of Delaware (or compact state) with no restrictions or disciplinary action
- Current BLS certification