About Central Bank Center
Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky is fast becoming THE must play venue. Lexington is an active and thriving market that is craving an active and welcoming venue for events. The heart of any thriving community is its downtown—and Lexington Center and the historic Rupp Arena are truly the heart of downtown Lexington and one of the most widely-recognized entertainment venues in North America. The 20,000-seat arena, affectionately referred to by some as “the Cathedral of College Basketball” is home to the National Champion University of Kentucky men’s basketball program and has played host to some of the most talented and award-winning musicians/artists in the world including U2, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and many others.
Central Bank Center is our convention side, with over 99k sf of exhibition space, 24k sf each of meeting and ball room space, 50k of hospitality space, 10k sf of flexible space, and over 2500 covered and uncovered parking spaces.
We are building an organization that serves our fans, community, and partners through world class entertainment, sports, and events. We believe in being authentically Kentucky. This means staying true to what makes Kentucky, Kentucky by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, valuing hospitality and gathering together, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks, and stretching our potential. As part of Oak View Group 360, we embrace a positive disRUPPtion. OVG360 was built on the idea that we are all fans first, and our decisions and guest interactions are made through that lens.
The Ticket Office Manager is responsible for managing the ticket operations staff, parking cashiers and assisting the Director of Ticket Operations with all aspects of ticketed public events at Central Bank Center and its various venues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing event creation, inventory control, and reporting. This includes event builds on the Ticketmaster system; programming, spec sheets, and 3rd party communications.
- Establishing and maintaining collaboration with all promoters (local and national) for large and small-scale events.
- Providing daily ticket sales and projected attendance for each event.
- Educating all department staff on complexities related to all Ticketmaster programs.
- Supervise software training and integration, including Ticket Operations, Premium Sales/Service, Strategy and Analytics.
- Providing Management groups with specifics on event pieces that would impact their groups/departments; e.g. oversee all ticket promotions impacting Sales/Marketing groups both internal and external.
- Overseeing managers and supervisors
- Assisting with ticket holder messaging and outreach.
- Maintaining/adjusting job responsibilities for each staff member to allow for growth and development.
- Collaborate with the Guest Experience Manager and their team as it relates to the ticket operation and ticket holder relationships.
- Supporting Guest Experience and their team with potential resolutions when issues are presented.
- Re-enforcing the importance of providing all customers with exceptional service via all lines of communication.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) or more years of work experience in the operation, maintenance and supervising of a ticket office with at least three (3) years supervising 10 or more individuals in carrying out and completing task of a routine and complex nature.
- Expert level knowledge of Ticketmaster suite of products (Ticketmaster Host, Archtics, TM1) required
- Knowledge of the entertainment business i.e. concerts/sports/fine arts and family oriented events.
- Experience in customer service and supervision essential
- Ability to effectively supervise box office staff
- Knowledge and experience with financial procedures and managing statistics electronically
- Superior customer service and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent written and verbal skills, organizational ability, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills required
- Fundamental accounting knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours as needed
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal range.
Job requires routine standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, speaking, hearing and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
Frequently works under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.