U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
Reporting directly to the ENT Technical Director, the ENT Manager, Technical and Grassroots Development will contribute to the development and execution of the department’s strategic plan, goals, and initiatives for the ENT program. In addition, this role will lead efforts to identify, track and accelerate the technical and grassroots development of U.S. Soccer’s Extended National Teams. This role will also serve as an Assistant Coach alongside the Head Coach(s) to the pool of players across U.S. Soccer’s Extended National Teams.
Technical and Grassroots Programs
- Create successful technical and grassroots programming and platforms to drive player/coach development, raise awareness and grow interest
- Provide strategic support to the Centralized Training Program (CTP), including the management and oversight of network coaching staff to travel with teams when required but also service the CTP’s day to day environment
- Lead the support provided to the ADAPTandTHRIVE Working Group as part of the department's collaborative approach to the Disability Soccer Committee.
- Collaborate with the ENT Coaches to create the best environment for the ENT players
- Identify, support, and develop resources required to fulfill the strategic requirements of the ENT
- Lead the support of club and player development at all levels of the game
- Establish enhanced player pathways (i.e., leagues, clubs, regional settings, etc.)
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with professional clubs, youth clubs, colleges, and staff working within the game
- Support the creation and delivery of a talent identification matrix across all ENT disciplines
- Build networks and link with key partners and providers to raise awareness leading to player identification via soccer-specific and non-soccer settings (i.e., sports transfer, rehab clinics, hospitals, veterans’ groups, etc.)
- Facilitate competitive opportunities within each discipline at a local, regional, and national level
- Support the creation and delivery of specialized coach education courses across disciplines
- Collaborate and integrate with the other sports development departments and programs as appropriate (projects, meetings, camps, courses, events, etc.)
- Communicate and interact with stakeholders from membership, media, donors, sponsors, etc., as needed
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the program and monitor trends through internal/external and qualitative/quantitative research to make improvements as needed
- Complete goal setting and performance review discussions with staff on an annual basis
- Assists with other ENT program duties as assigned
- Serve as an Assistant Coach for various Extended National Teams, based on schedule availability and assigned priority
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- USSF Coaching B License or equivalent experience within an ENT discipline, adult or upper age group elite youth players
- Experience in a High-Performance soccer environment (senior pro, youth pro, YNTs, elite youth or comparable, etc.)
- Must have knowledge and understanding of alternative versions of the sport, including some or all of the following: IFCPF (International Federation of Cerebral Palsy Football), FIFA Beach Soccer, FIFA Futsal, USA Deaf Soccer, U.S. Power Soccer, etc.
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Must be able to connect “micro” details to the “macro” vision and mission
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with video editing and sporting analytics programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time required (domestic and international)
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Passion for soccer
- Proven history of developing players
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Thorough institutional knowledge of U.S. Soccer’s mission, goals, technical plan, policies, practices, and procedures
- Previous experience with a club or national team
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment