The National Retail Federation (NRF) has represented retail for over a century. Every day, we passionately stand up for the people, policies and ideas that help retail thrive. As the nation’s largest private-sector employer, retail contributes $2.6 trillion to the annual gross domestic product (GDP); no other industry comes close. Wherever the industry goes, the nation follows — so we’re committed to helping retail go further.
NRF has an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader who will develop strategies, operational and educational programs, and products and services for the retail loss prevention (LP) / asset protection (AP), security, and operations communities.
- Oversee the development of innovative strategies. programs and solution which help retailers mitigate loss and reduce total retail risk
- Direct oversight of the NRF Loss Prevention Council and Retail Operations Council; engage in member outreach to ensure an active, robust and diverse Council membership
- Identify and support the development of partnerships; engage in regular outreach and communication with existing and potential partners to maintain and enhance NRF’s reputation and value to asset protection and operations communities
- Serve as an advisor to the content team for event content, specifically focused on retail operations, asset protection, security, risk management and cybersecurity
- Partner with the advocacy team on related policy issues impacting store operations, asset protection, organized retail crime, safety and security, and cyber risk
- Support, develop and reimagine best-in-class research and benchmarking studies for the LP/AP, security and operations communities
- Leverage deep industry, public policy and retail industry knowledge and network to identify potential new members; maintain strong relationships with members and maximizes achievement of business goals
- Serve as a media spokesperson for the NRF and the retail industry on LP/AP, safety, security, risk and operations topics and concerns; participate in speaking engagements that promote NRF’s activities or positions and industry trends
- Develop appropriate committees, programs and services to address the Council’s and broader membership’s needs
- Direct and grow the NRF ORC / Investigator’s Network through the Network’s leaders facilitating regional meetings and or conference calls
- Serve as an NRF liaison and retail coordinator with Government and Law Enforcement Agencies, such as: FEMA, DHS, FBI, U.S. Marshalls, U.S. Secret Service, Drug Enforcement Agency, and other related associations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or other relevant discipline
- 15+ years of experience in retail asset protection, security, law enforcement or retail operations
- Proven track-record of establishing strong business relationships and leading/driving organizational change
- Exceptional retail acumen and the ability to identify, prioritize and effectively pursue issues of key importance to the organization and the LP/AP Community
- Ability to facilitate Innovation and Change and respond to the broad range of factors affecting the Loss Prevention and Asset Protection industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively assess risk data and translate information into actionable plans which drive profitability and mitigate further risks
- Demonstrate strong business financial acumen as it relates to how the LP/AP function effects a retail company’s P&L
- Ability to educate members about complex legislative, regulatory or other industry issues and build support and consensus for the organization’s position and direction
- Must be able to effectively translate complex information as well as effectively and persuasively communicate in writing and verbally with a wide range of audiences including media, senior executives, colleagues and government officials
- Comprehensive demonstrable analytical, thought leadership, and problem-solving skills Proven ability to plan and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communications abilities, negotiation skills and the ability to influence others as it relates to the most important issues at hand in the new world of LP/Ap.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented, and the ability to work creatively and productively with colleagues, senior management as well as member companies.
- Ability to handle pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Some travel required
National Retail Federation (NRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NRF is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. All employment decisions and matters will be made and occur without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws.