Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Associate will be responsible for the processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The Finance Department has recently converted to NetSuite Accounting software; this position requires strong organizational and operational skills to streamline and support implementation of new systems.
- Accounts Payable data entry certifying all expenses are coded appropriately
- Maintain all Accounts Payable vendor files, including W9 forms
- Confirm all requests for union benefits payments are received
- Process all payments to vendors
- Process annual 1099’s
- Maintain and distribute office petty cash, ensuring all receipts are submitted in a timely fashion
- Secure receipts for petty cash advances; monitor for accuracy, coding and sales tax exemption
- Reconcile monthly credit card expenses; assure all receipts are received on a timely basis, and review for coding and sales tax
- Reconcile and process daily Box Office deposit
- Process and prepare daily deposit of incoming receipts and contributions
- Post all pledges and sales transactions to Accounts Receivable
- Manage Accounts Receivable aging schedule and past due accounts
- Reconcile daily concessions reports
- Invoice tenants for rental fees and utilities as necessary
- Maintain incoming royalty spreadsheets and files
- Serve as back up to the Administrative Manager during times of absence
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience processing Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Payable functions
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Experience with accounting software necessary; Tessitura experience a plus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required
- 3-4 years of experience working in a similarly sized institution
Additional Information: This is a full-time benefit-eligible position.
Compensation: Base salary starting at $50,000 annually
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an inclusive employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.