Who We Are?
Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha (APM) is a non profit organization in Philadelphia, PA providing human services to the community including early childhood education, foster care & adoption, child welfare, mental & behavioral health, community and economic development, housing, violence intervention, and services to community schools.
All of our jobs are on-site. We do not work remotely.
As a Building Maintenance Technician, you will inspect, maintain, repair, and replace building furniture and electrical systems. You might work with access control systems, building heating and a/c system. You'll need to be mechanically inclined, enjoy working with your hands and be a good troubleshooter to perform this job well. This is a position where overtime is often available if is necessary. Must have skills and experience in: Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Painting, Circuit Panel, Repairing, and AC/Heater
Maintenance Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, locksmithing and painting work to maintain municipal buildings.
- Move and relocate office furniture; make adjustments to desks, chairs and files.
- Oversee parking lot light program; install and repair lamps, ballasts and covers.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, locksmithing and painting work to maintain facility buildings.
- Performs routine electrical work; installs and replaces light fixtures, ballasts and fluorescent lighting; checks breakers, plugs, switches, fixtures and wires for appropriate operations; provides assistance in pulling wires for electrical repairs as needed.
- Installs, repairs and maintains a variety of plumbing fixtures including, sinks, toilets, faucets, and related equipment.
- Performs drywall installation and repairs damaged drywall; measures and cuts drywall according to established specifications; finishes joints with proper compounds and tape; sands surfaces in preparation for texturing and painting.
- Participates in the installation and repair of roofs using nail guns and other appropriate hand and power tools; troubleshoots leaks and repairs minor roofing damage using industry accepted materials and procedures.
- Operates a variety of hand, power and shop tools used in the course of building construction, woodworking, and building maintenance such as power drills, saws, drill presses, joiners and planers.
- Masks, sandblasts, brushes and chemically prepares surfaces for painting; operates spray equipment and uses manual tools to paint interior and exterior surfaces, equipment and facilities; prepares and applies bonding materials such as epoxy.
- Inspects assigned facilities for compliance with safety standards; performs repairs as necessary to ensure compliance.
APM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Ability to lift more than 50 lbs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Driver license of Pennsylvania.
- Must be able to respond to emergency on call 24/7.
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan with APM contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability