Who is JFS: Since 1901, Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas (JFS) has supported and strengthened lives throughout Greater Kansas City. We provide essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis — regardless of faith, age, culture, or lifestyle. JFS proudly serves more than 10,000 people annually through our KesherKC Social Services and Food Pantry, Older Adult Services. Mental Health Services and Education, Chaplaincy, and Jewish Life Education. JFS was founded on the Jewish value of tikkun olam, repairing the world, one person, one family at a time.
Are you looking for meaningful work in a dynamic multi-service organization? JFS offers a welcoming and inclusive environment in a human-centered atmosphere where the Child and Family Therapist will provide evidence-based, trauma-informed psychotherapy to support children, teens, and/or families in meeting their mental health and/or behavioral goals and objectives. This position can be from 32-40 hours/week.
· Ability to effectively provide therapy in-person or through teletherapy when needed
· Complete assessments and treatment planning using an electronic record-keeping system
· Document clinical transactions in a timely manner
· Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues and other providers
· Provide 50 percent direct service hours in accordance with agency expectations
· Attend weekly counseling team and staff meetings and professionally present cases to colleagues as requested
· Provide case management as needed
· Participate in agency-wide team-building, fund-raising, and promotional events
Education and Experience:·
- Dual Missouri & Kansas licenses at the clinical level are required;
- master’s degree in a related field required;
- Proven training or certification in Play Therapy, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, Child-Parent Psychotherapy, and/or Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred, but not required;
- Proven strength in assessment and treatment planning skills, as well as demonstrated knowledge of the DSM-5;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Windows & Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), experience with client-database systems, ability to use text & chatting programs, and experience with Zoom & other secure digital video platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA including ePHI management;
- Dependable, punctual, and highly organized;
- Professional presence & demeanor;
- Strong crisis management and safety protocol skills & experience;
- Orientation to teamwork and collaboration is essential;
- Effective caseload and time management.
Environmental/Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:· Frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear
- Able to comply with JFS mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, in compliance with Federal ADA guidelines.
- Required to sit in a therapeutic setting with clients in person or on teletherapy· Ability to work in a communal work environment· Ability to effectively use office equipment such as computer, phone, printer, copier, and fax machine.
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Long & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal & Religious Holidays
- Discount Membership to Jewish Community Center (theater, fitness center, activities, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free Parking
- Paid Time Off for Volunteering
Guiding Principles: JFS is guided by five principles informing how we engage with each other and the community we serve. The right candidate will be in alignment with these values:
- B’Yachad - Better Together: We are better as an agency and a community when we think, work, and serve together.
- Being Human-Centered: We put the human experience and perspective at the center of our thinking, programming, services, and interactions.
- Collaboration: We actively seek partnering opportunities within JFS and throughout our community.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship: We respond and continually adapt to ongoing needs and changes in Kansas City.
- Open Communication: We communicate openly, honestly, and in a solution-oriented manner.
EEO Statement: JFS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to being inclusive and welcoming. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and organizational need. All applicants will be considered for employment with dignity and respect, free of all discrimination, including that which is based on race, color, religion, gender, language, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.