Job Title: Admissions & Enrollment Assistant
Reports To: Associate Director of Admissions & Enrollment
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Seasonal contract position - 20 hours per week at $17 per hour.
Mondayday to Friday with the possibility of working on weekends
Start: July 11th, 2022 - End: September 2nd, 2022
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Every year, thousands of young people in Philadelphia dropout of school. This decades-long dropout crisis impacts individual lives by sustaining the cycle of underemployment and poverty, and threatens Philadelphia’s ability to thrive.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School was founded in 1992 to give high school dropouts a second chance and the opportunity to build a brighter future for themselves and their community. Our innovative program offers young at-risk adults a high school diploma, valuable job skills, and the opportunity to learn and grow in a community-oriented, supportive environment. We prepare our students for further educational attainment and meaningful careers as they become leaders and contributing members in a stronger Philadelphia.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, support, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The program’s three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in supporting recruitment and enrollment efforts through community outreach, collecting qualitative and quantitative data , and assisting with organizing engaging events.
- Identify and partner with community groups to support awareness of YouthBuild Philly.
- Improve enrollment processes through data collection and analysis
- Assist in organizing engaging events for prospective students
- Work with YouthBuild Philly marketing and public relations Social Media and Tech Directors to support online outreach campaigns
- Regularly canvas community locations to distribute literature and share information on YouthBuild Philly
- Meet with community leaders, political leaders, criminal justice and social service agencies to create pathways for new candidate to YouthBuild Philly
- Work with the students and alumni to support referrals
- Track community outreach efforts and produce reports on outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
We seek applicants who have a strong identification with the mission of the YouthBuild, a strong commitment to student service, and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Administrative experience one year perffered
- Prior experience working in education preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Data collection and analysis
- Organizational skills
- Mission driven to work with YB’s student body
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to Restorative Practices
- FBI - Criminal History Report
- PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 - Arrest Conviction Form
- NSOPW - National Sex Offender Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.