We are seeking a Hospitality Strategist to join our Eat + Drink (E+D) Team. The E+D Team develops operational and conceptual food + beverage strategies for restaurant and hotel owners. This position will support our hospitality project leads by turning these strategies into strong client communications supported by research insights, key takeaways, trends, narrative writing, and imagery. This position will support a fast-paced team of hospitality consultants with the research, analysis, and presentation design that is required for our client-facing work.
The ideal candidate is an expert at research, visual storytelling, and writing. They are organized, curious, creative, and disciplined. They are a flexible, collaborative team member and value the collective win.
KEY TASKS + RESPONSIBILITIES
Market knowledge forms the backbone of everything that we do and our clients expect all of our insights to be backed up with market knowledge, data, and trend research. This role will support the development of market assessments in the following ways:
- Competitive Surveys: Tag and examine potential competitors in the hotel or food + beverage space through online research that may provide clarity into the market – locally, regionally, and globally – to inform concept decisions, direction, and to tee up strategic recommendations.
- Market Research & Analysis: Organize data through internet research and Streetsense tools to provide background on concept or project work and help senior team members complete market feasibility assessments for hotels and restaurants.
The Eat + Drink Team prides itself in coming up with creative, operationally sound, and financially viable ideas for our clients to bring to life into the real world. This position will support the visioning process in the following ways:
- Concept Development Support: Assist in developing and visually communicating food + beverage concept details in creative ways such as concept signatures, sample menus, concept look and feel, basic space planning, and narrative writing.
- Moodboard Design: Visually communicate conceptual ideas, design, signatures, or other concept and operational features through careful use of lifestyle imagery.
- Copywriting and Written Communications: Write concise narrative elements that enunciate proposed strategies and conceptual ideas.
- Presentation Development: Work from existing project work, project outlines, and key strategic direction provided by the senior team members to combine some or all of the above job duties into clear, visually-rich decks that express strategies clearly.
- Internal Initiatives: Assist in the development and publishing of thought leadership pieces, articles, and posts. When requested, together with the directors, pilot new project management tools, create project templates and tools, and leverage collaborative technologies for improving studio workflow.
- Business Development Support: Assist in the development of presentation decks and visually branded proposals for new work and to highlight past work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality Management, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field of study
- Food + Beverage (F+B) or Hospitality industry experience or exposure
- 3-5 years of professional experience in strategy, branding, marketing, design, advertising, or communications; additional “on the ground” Hospitality or F+B experience a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding visual communication skills
- Mastery of written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in narrative writing, with the ability to write and edit under short deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and excellent editing and proofreading skills – you can spot a typo in a split second
- Awareness of and interest in food + beverage trends – you’re the one all of your friends ask where to go out and eat
- Ability to work cross-functionally with creative, strategy, and project management teams
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Skilled at developing and presenting infographics, charts, and data visualization
- Food + Beverage (F+B) or Hospitality management or consulting experience
- Financial/business literacy