Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of existing applications / systems
- New project development (application and database
- Data extraction and reporting
- Process mapping
- Specification gathering
- Troubleshooting miscellaneous problems as they arise
- Research new products / methods of development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of system development life-cycle concepts
- Experience working in the .NET framework
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts and data based system design
- Experience writing queries and stored procedures using SQL & PL/SQL in a MS SQL server environment
- Experience with Microsoft development tools including Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, and Team Foundation Server.
- Familiarity with IIS and web application management in a MS Windows server environment
- Additional consideration will be given for experience in: other relational database environments such as DB2 or Oracle; other web development languages such as Python or PHP; other OOP languages such as C# or Java; reporting tools such as Crystal Reports or IBM Cognos.
- Office environment.
- Will at times be exposed to a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- May be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- May be exposed to high noise environments.
- May be exposed to extremely dusty environments.
Education / Training: Minimum:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or a related field OR
- A two year technical degree with 1-2 years relevant work experience
(Experience in an industrial environment or manufacturing highly desirable.)