Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Buyer provides sourcing, commodity, and supply base management expertise to ensure that all aspects of the sourcing process meet IPEG’s quality, surety of supply, and cost to meet corporate procurement requirements. This position reports to the Director of Purchasing and is located in Franklin, Pennsylvania.
- Procure inventory, supplies, and capital goods for production processes;
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop strategies to source assigned commodity-based items at the lowest total cost of ownership;
- Participate in planning group with production scheduling, ECN implementation, inventory, and updating of item information in ERP system;
- Monitor items received, issued and returned to ensure accuracy of inventory;
- Provide regular updates and reports to the sourcing and management staff on cost improvements and new technologies or services;
- Follow up regularly with suppliers to ensure part availability, expediting as required;
- Analyze MRP and other data and propose/implement process improvements that reduce waste of all kinds.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or related field) and/or two (2)+ years of direct work experience without formal education;
- Position typically expects one (1) to three (3) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position;
- Technical purchasing and sourcing skills;
- Relies on clearly defined instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job;
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change;
- Self-motivated and self-managing individual;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to calculate and analyze financial data such as ROI, Make vs. Buy, and other commercial requirements;
- Microsoft Office Suite and PC skills;
- MRP/ERP system expertise.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.