The Financial Analyst is a key member of the Elliott Manufacturing Finance department, with responsibility for general ledger accounting and financial reporting/analysis. The position supports a multi-site manufacturing operation and requires significant coordination with other departments. The Financial Analyst is involved in many initiatives of the Company and must be able to accurately and quickly analyze situations, be detail-oriented and hands-on in their approach. This individual must be able to manage several projects simultaneously, effectively communicate with external vendors/customers and internal customers (including corporate accounting, manufacturing operations, procurement, engineering and sales) and have thorough knowledge of US GAAP. This position provides opportunities for business analysis and serves as an excellent opportunity for career-growth within Elliott Manufacturing and the CentroMotion finance organization.
- Prepare journal entries for balance sheet and P&L Accounts for month end close.
- Manage HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) data load, roll forwards and statistical information.
- Perform standard and ad hoc reporting in Alere ERP system.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist the Controller in preparing annual budget, monthly outlook and explaining results on a monthly basis (variance analysis).
- Maintain an understanding of standard costs and perform margin analysis for new and existing business.
- Work closely with the Corporate shared services group to resolve purchasing issues.
- Work closely with operational team members on various projects focused on cost savings, analysis of monthly results, customer and product line profitability.
- Performs special projects and financial analysis per request.
- Travel: This position may require up to 5% out-of-state travel.
- Perform other duties (as assigned).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
Experience and/or Training:
- Minimum 2 years in a general accounting or financial analyst role.
- Ability to analyze, communicate and present information accurately and succinctly.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and professional development.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using electronic spreadsheets, word processing, preferably Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be comfortable with accounting and reporting functions in an ERP system