About Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 24 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern envisions a world where no one lives in poverty, fear, or oppression where everyone can exercise their rights to a decent standard of living with equal access to opportunities. We believe in creating a culture of inclusion where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to the workplace. Building a diverse and inclusive team is an absolute necessity to deliver the solutions needed to achieve our core mission, because without promoting justice and equality, we cannot eliminate extreme poverty.
Concern Worldwide US (CUS) is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. CUS advances the Concern Worldwide mission through mobilizing financial and human resources, as well as influencing and activating networks in the US to elevate programs globally.
Concern Worldwide is hiring a Development Coordinator to join a highly collaborative Development team and will be responsible for providing support for a diverse range of fundraising activities including: donor correspondence and donor relations, researching a variety of topics such as donor profiles and event venues, assisting in the execution of special events and major donor cultivation events, and providing other administrative and data support as needed.
Reporting to the Major Gifts Officer, this role will be critical to ensuring the continued growth of Concern’s fundraising initiatives and high standards of excellence in donor relations, a fundamental asset in achieving the organization’s long-term strategic goals. The ideal candidate is poised for growth, highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and a strong communicator. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit fundraising.
The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for Concern’s mission, is interested in a career in development/fundraising and has a demonstrated ability to execute administrative responsibilities while keeping an eye toward building operations that sustain fundraising and revenue growth.
Fundraising and Strategic Portfolio Support
· In collaboration with the Major Gifts Team (MGT), support donor engagement activities that help us form stronger connections with our existing and prospective donors.
· Support the MGT in the production and implementation of donor cultivation events, including intimate gatherings (in person and virtual), exclusive updates from Concern’s Global Leadership Team, and the development of new and creative ideas.
· Research donor prospects by using platforms like Wealth Engine, Google, LinkedIn and Salesforce. Create list of donor prospects using Excel and submit research profiles to Salesforce database.
· Assist in the organization of mass outreach efforts for MGT, support list management and facilitating team outreach.
· Assist with formalizing the prospecting process to support national efforts to scale up major gifts fundraising.
· Support gift acknowledgement and Ambassador (Major Donor) welcome processes as needed (calling donors, writing thank you cards, emailing donors, and more).
· Work with the Major Gifts Officer to optimize internal systems and processes to identify, cultivate and steward donors across giving levels, with a focus on upgrading support and donor retention.
Data & Administrative Support
· Support Development team with follow-up on outstanding pledges and donor invoicing, event day execution and any other administrative support. Process credit card donations as needed.
· Track donor communications, activities and efforts using Salesforce; update donor records as needed.
· Support the MGT in confirming donor listings for online and print publications, including Concern’s annual report.
· Strengthen Special Events and MGT follow-up efforts to better leverage Concern’s events and increase revenue.
· Assist the Major Gifts Officer with cataloging and updating Ambassador resources (2-pagers, testimonials, videos, reports, etc.).
· Support the MGT as needed through activities that include but are not limited to: writing thank you notes, ordering stationary, coordinating meetings, managing print orders, and sending donor gifts.
· Draft, proofread, edit, and support internal and external communications.
Cross Functional Duties & Other
· Serve as an active member of the Development team, building strong relationships across departments with the marketing, programs, finance and communications teams; support the refinement of processes and procedures.
· Provide strategic support to the Development team as needed, including other duties as assigned by the Major Gifts Officer and Development team.
· A minimum of 2+ years working in fundraising or fundraising-related department (e.g. marketing and communication, sales, etc.); preferably experience in a non-profit environment.
· Self-starter, creative thinker and team player.
· Ability to set and achieve ambitious goals; working both independently and collaboratively.
· Successfully manage projects and prioritize workload in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
· Demonstrate compelling and engaging interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to form and maintain authentic relationships and identify strategic partnerships.
· Willingness to learn and support a wide scope of fundraising activities.
· Superior ability to exercise an appropriate level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with information of a highly confidential nature.
· Proficiency in using Word, Excel, Outlook and Salesforce and/or other fundraising CRM software.
· Ability to travel as needed, including donor visits once conditions allow. Must have valid driver’s license.
· Understand social nuances, practices, and world views of people of various backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Leverages that understanding to effectively interact with people of diverse communities.
· Strong commitment to the mission of Concern Worldwide; familiarity with or interest in the humanitarian or development sector a plus?
· Eligibility to work in the U.S.?