General Material Handling responsibilities in a manufacturing environment, including operating a forklift, clearing production lines, loading/unloading trucks, maintaining production storage system (i.e. inventory control, FIFO), checking product for quality, and performing various other tasks, all with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- Identifies and transports requested materials to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and storage areas
- Prepares Bills of Ladings
- Checks in/assigns drivers to docks for unloading and inspects trucks for cleanliness/compliance prior to loading
- Obtains production schedule and/or shipping orders and then identifies, verifies, and transports product accordingly
- Applies understanding of machine loading capacity and loading schedule, ensuring prompt and efficient delivery of required items
- Reports any problems with materials or transportation to coordinator
- Manages and stacks pallets, bins, and other supplies in specified areas.
- Services equipment as needed, reporting mechanical or electrical difficulties to Warehouse Manager
- Ensures accurate completion of all paperwork
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Interested in Continuous Improvement and able to thrive in a self-directed environment
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma/GED Required. Three years of relevant experience (one employer) may be substituted
- Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test
- Ability to maintain focus and situational awareness