Under the direct supervision of the President this position provides administrative and clerical support for the President, working closely with senior management team. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, coordinating mailings, and working on special projects. Answers non-routine correspondence and assembles confidential and sensitive information. Deals with important visitors and contacts on behalf of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Coordinates and implements general office services such as appointment-setting, records control and other administrative activities for the President.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and activities for President and CEO and executive management team.
- Types reports, memos, letters, spreadsheets, visual presentations and other documents using relevant computer software.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the President.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the President. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones for President. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with others to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents, directors. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the President, which may include: planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating documents, organizing events.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Completes check requests/financial documentation on behalf of President for Business Department records.
- Performs other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three years of related experience or relevant coursework preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential.
- Exhibit discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with senior management team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or feet, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Most work is performed in an office environment during normal business hours.