Coastal Hospice offers a competitive benefit package which includes: 3 Medical plans, 2 Dental plans, Vision, HSA contribution, Employer paid life/LTD, 403(b) w/matching, Sick/Safe Leave, Generous Vacation time, Extended illness accruals, Verizon discount and more!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Reports to the Access Manager; is mentored and overseen by Lead Access Coordinator.
This position is Tuesday through Saturday.
1. Initiates referral process based on agency guidelines. Responds promptly to inquiries about hospice and Compass services.
2. Ensures accurate referral and admission information in EMR.
3. Ensures continuity and quality of care by expediting the transition from referral to admission.
4. Collects relevant patient information from a variety of healthcare sources to add to clinical documentation.
5. Obtains physician/nurse practitioner orders and coordinates supportive needs including pharmacy and DME
6. Follows up on referrals previously not taken under care.
7. Actively participates in professional development.
8. Participates in QAPI program
9. Verifies Medicare benefits as necessary.
1. Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
2. Current license to practice in the State of Maryland as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
3. Ability to be credentialed as a Coastal Hospice representative in the region’s hospitals.
4. Solid working knowledge of hospice usually associated with at least 2 years of LPN experience with previous hospice experience, highly desirable.
5. Working knowledge of basic computer programs, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook mail. Ability to use electronic medical record system(s), fax machines, scanning, and copiers.
6. Access to a personal vehicle in order to be able to travel to any facility or residence in the region.
7. Other requirements relevant to employment by Coastal Hospice, Inc.