Sam Rust Seafood (SRS) is a well-established processor and distributor of exceptional live, fresh, and frozen seafood.
We provide the freshest quality seafood to all types of establishments, including white tablecloth restaurants to buffets, supermarket chains, hotels, caterers, and natural food markets. Daily delivery service to the Hampton Roads, Virginia area 6 days a week. Also, deliveries to Richmond, Virginia's Eastern Shore, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, and the Outer Banks of North Carolina areas via our fleet of refrigerated trucks.
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting SRS products and building relationships with new and existing customers.
The territory for this position includes; Midlothian, Short Pump, Ashland, and Fredericksburg, VA. Candidates will need to reside in the immediate area.
SUMMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for maintaining and growing an established sales territory consisting of street (restaurant), retail and foodservice customers.
- Sells SRS products to restaurants, hotels, caterers, retail establishments, etc.
- Works to anticipate problems before they occur and solves major customer issues/problems quickly when/if they occur.
- Develops strategies to increase sales on the street.
- Assists in the development of annual sales objectives. Responsible for achieving sales objectives within established budget.
- Maintains and develops outstanding customer relationships primarily through interpersonal communication, sales calls (site visits), phone calls and secondarily through e-mail and written correspondence.
- Maintains an acceptable level of A/R, involvement where/when needed in collections.
- Integrity of Sam Rust Seafood, Inc. must be demonstrated in all job actions.
- Professionalism of Sam Rust Seafood, Inc. must be demonstrated in all job actions.
- Attends sales meetings, training, etc. as/when offered.
- Maintains confidentiality of all Company and customer information.
- Travels to current and potential customer sites on a regular, recurring basis.
- Maintains excellent attendance to ensure products are sold, orders processed and delivered, and customers are satisfied.
- Normal Monday to Friday workweek, with occasional late night, holiday and/or weekend work required.
- Requires ability to travel to customer sites, sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk up and down stairs, read English, listen and speak with diverse audience, and occasional lifting of packages weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Performs additional duties as requested by Sales Manager or Senior Management.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or 5 years foodservice sales
- 2 years of either inside or outside sales experience in foodservice or culinary products
- Reside in the designated territory
- Must possess good computer skills and be proficient in the use of e-mail, word processing, MS Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- 2 years experience in foodservice sales
- 1 year experience in seafood sales