- In this role, the Structural Engineer will be an integral part of our Structures/Bridge Group designing various bridge types, as well as support our transportation and site development Groups with their design needs.
- Manage structural engineering projects by creating scope and budgets, directing the design and coordinating work with other staff and design team members.
- Strong knowledge of bridge construction materials (Steel, Cast-in-Place Concrete, Precast Prestressed Concrete), construction methods, structural inspections, construction document preparation.
- Analyze and design transportation related structures including: bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and sign structure foundations.
- Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local officials.
- Eagerness to work on a wide variety of project types.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Work collaboratively with the CDI Service Leader, Project Engineers and other team members to develop effective solutions.
- Ensure compliance with CDI’s safety procedures.
Competitive Benefit Package includes flexible working environment, health, dental and vision Insurance, 401(k) match, PTO and extended sick bank leave.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky or Missouri PE required
- Bridge design experience
- Proficiency with MicroStation
- Department of Transportation structures experience (bridges and walls) (MoDOT, IDOT or KYTC).
- Highly proficient with structural analysis and design software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
An added bonus is having a masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering