Responsible for making precise measurements to determine boundaries and providing topographic data utilizing survey equipment and data collection software.
- Coordinate, direct, and assist in leading team members in the completion of Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Route Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Utility Surveys and Constructional layout for private and government projects.
- Create and execute project work plans.
- Manage multiple projects and delegate project tasks to team members.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope.
- Perform reviews and quality assurance to insure adherence to project standards and
- Experience with Trimble Robotic, GNSS and Conventional equipment.
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures, and requirements of CDI.
- Primarily Office work, up to 30% of work performed outside, some travel will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to the field of surveying.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MicroStation and/or AutoCAD/Civil3D and other relevant software.
- Skilled in the use of surveying instruments and software including Trimble Robotic and GNSS equipment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of processing collected data through the completion of projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- License: Kentucky Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) or Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT). Additional state licenses a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as LSIT.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
Work is generally performed in the office but will include some outside work at various job sites. May be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions including extreme temperatures, rain, snow, high winds, humidity, and dusty conditions. Physical activity is required including walking, standing, carrying equipment, stooping, kneeling, and bending. May be exposed to site conditions including exhaust fumes, dust particles, insects, wildlife, plants, poison ivy, and other environmental elements. Must be able to lift/carry 30lbs in field conditions. Up to 30% of work performed outside.