Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Department: APM Community and Economic Development, 600 Diamond Street
Supervisor: Program Director of CED
APM’s Community and Economic Development (CED) activities are centered on the revitalization of the Eastern North Philadelphia (ENP) target area. APM’s revitalization activities are guided by the principals of community-based planning. They include affordable housing, commercial development, community capacity building, open space planning and wealth creation through housing counseling and our Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) which provides technical assistance to families and individuals.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work with the Community Connectors to develop program activities and priorities based on the Eastern North for Everyone Community Plan, APM’s most up to date community plan. The plan includes priorities around community greening, youth programming, strengthening local leadership development, and housing advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the APM Community Connectors team, provide community engagement and organizing capacity across the North Philadelphia Community under the direction of the Program Director and community leadership.
- Represent APM with local and city-wide stakeholders and working groups.
- Build relationships with community members, community stakeholders, local recreation centers, and neighborhood associations.
- Work with city-wide organizations and city officials and departments to identify opportunities, services, and collaborations that will benefit the community.
- Identify fundraising opportunities to support ongoing community events, programs, and projects relevant to the vision of the Eastern North Community Plan.
- Follow up-to-date safety protocols and best practices for health and safety.
- Communicate/meet regularly with Director, Community Connectors, and NAC Coordinator.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Customer service and community minded; personable and strong communicator.
- Previous experience/background in community engagement, outreach, and facilitation preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Commitment to equity, justice, and inclusion.
- Excellent problem solver and resourceful.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Access to personal transportation a plus.
- Preference for someone from or familiar with the Eastern North neighborhood.
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan: 4% APM contribution PLUS 3% APM matching contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability
APM is an equal opportunity employer.