The National LGBTQ Task Force seeks a passionate and dedicated Major Gifts Officer to work on impactful fundraising and resource mobilization with our Leadership Council donors. We are prioritizing candidates with a proven track record of successfully securing $5,000 gifts or more and a minimum of 2 years of fundraising.
The Task Force development department is growing. We currently have six positions in the areas of institutional/corporate giving and sponsorships, major donor fundraising, and several high impact fundraising events. Our ideal candidate is hands-on and sweats the details, is a team player and works well with others, takes a principled approach to raising money for LGBTQ+ justice, and has a “can do” attitude in problem solving and helping out team members across the organization.
The National LGBTQ Task Force builds the power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community from the ground up. We are the country’s premier social justice organization fighting to improve the lives of LGBTQ people, and working to create positive, lasting change and opportunity for all.
The Task Force is an organization that values both self-care and community care and embodies those values through our benefits package and a competitive salary. We are proud to be a Care First organization that offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, annual and sick leave, and 403(b) plan. This position will be part of our collective bargaining unit.
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Location: New York, NY or Washington, DC preferred.
Travel: Up to 40%
The Task Force development department is growing. Our ideal candidate is hands-on and sweats the details, is a team player, takes a principled approach to moving money for LGBTQ+ justice, and possesses the ability to be receptive to constructive feedback. Our ideal Major Gifts Officer is open to possibilities of learning and sharing new and improved ways to fundraise and engage major donors.
The Major Gift Officer will aggressively increase major giving (gifts of $1,500+) throughout the country. We focus our major gift fundraising in the following cities/regions: New York City; Washington, DC; South Florida; Denver; San Francisco; Los Angeles, and Seattle. The MGO will report to the Senior Manager of Major Giving.
Major Gifts Program Management (80%)
· Hold responsibility for significant monthly renewal (approximately 5-10 donors per month) and new income (2-3 new donors per month) goals;
· Establish, foster, and grow personal relationships with major donors;
· Establish and maintain relationships with a portfolio of 250+ major donors and prospects;
· Strategically identify, cultivate and solicit prospects, within the $1,500 - $10,000 range;
· Organize and leverage Leadership Council fundraising events;
· Assist Senior Manager of Major Gifts in stewarding and prospecting individuals of our Emerging Leaders Network;
· Provide staff support to Board and staff leadership to meet their fundraising goals.
· Manage major donor renewal cycle, including drafting communications;
· Maintain strong donor records in Raiser’s Edge;
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of (2) years’ experience in major gifts solicitation and soliciting gifts of $5,000 or higher;
· Knowledge and experience in prospect research;
· A people person who thrives on building meaningful relationships one-on-one, in groups, in person, through phone, or through Zoom/Teams/etc;
· Exceptional writing and organizational skills, including attention to detail;
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
How Performance is Evaluated:
· Success in meeting or exceeding major gifts revenue goals of $1,500-$5,000 annually;
· Significant growth in major donor base;
· Completion of projects on time and with a high attention to detail and commitment to follow through.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. Provides excellent benefits — health, dental and vision insurance; flex spending accounts, annual and sick leave; 403(b) plan, trans health benefits, STD, LTD, Life insurance, technology stipend and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your qualifications, experience relevant to these responsibilities and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff and 3 examples of your work. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations, and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/9861299e-1928-42cf-a298-9ebfd37e4e22/National-LGBTQ-Task-Force No phone calls, please. The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans, and people of color are encouraged to apply.