The role of the Construction Operations Manager is to provide effective day-to-day management in support of overall business operations and our customers. This position works closely with the Director of Construction Services and the Director of Construction Finance to facilitate departmental goals and is instrumental in managing the Project Manager team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manage the administrative component of projects with staff, customers, and subcontractors.
· Implement project documentation and change orders that impact the department's financial results.
Operational Metrics & Invoicing Functions:
· Track and report on weekly financial & operational metrics.
· Partner on the reporting of financial data to the Executive Team.
· Monitor all incoming vendor invoices for procedural compliance. Use independent judgment to interpret and authorize deviations from departmental procedures as deemed necessary.
Insurance and Contract Compliance:
· Ensure that subcontractors are current and in compliance with their business insurance.
· Exercise discretion in resolving contractual conflicts.
· Communicate with our insurance partners to obtain clarification on coverage issues.
· Create a variety of internal & external marketing, training, and orientation presentations by independently tailoring them to meet specific departmental needs.
· Create and update Company training manuals.
· Create customer close-out packets that are unique to each project.
Customer & Contractor Communication:
· Serve as the initial point of contact between internal and external customers.
· Use independent discretion to represent the Company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes, and resolving grievances.
Policies & Strategic Planning:
· Formulate, interpret and implement management policies & operating practices.
· Provide consultation and subject matter expertise to management.
· Partner with management in planning long and short-term business objectives, providing feedback on Company initiatives.
· Independently manage special projects (such as software conversions).
· Analyze the needs of the business and make decisions to ensure the needs of the Company are met.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain business databases.
· Partner with marketing and branding initiatives.
· Deliver training to staff, customers, and contractors on a variety of departmental topics.
· Other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time with or without notice.
· Business Acumen
Must be well versed in construction terminology and processes.
Must be well organized and detail-oriented
Due to the high volume of tasks, must be able to pivot and redirect attention as needed.
Must be able to work successfully with members of the entire team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· This position is authorized to work remotely from home, with advance notice and approval.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience performing professional-level managerial duties in a fast-paced construction environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.