This position focuses on performing various administrative tasks such as scheduling, risk management, and documentation as assigned by Project Manager. Project Coordinator may communicate with the Client’s staff to coordinate activities, obtain needed information, and convey project implementation data if directed by Project Manager. Emphasis is on assisting Project Manager in organizing various events such as internal kick-off meetings, internal project review meetings, and ensuring accurate documentation of meeting minutes, project notes, technical drawings and specifications, and submittals. The work of this position affects many aspects of the company’s work and will ultimately contribute to the success, or lack thereof, of LightWerks overall.
Responsibilities: The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities will include performing the below duties for all assigned projects, regardless of the region or location where the project will be executed:
- Assisting with development and maintenance of MS Project schedules
- Transferring installation schedule information from MS Project into Consolidated Installation Resource Plan.xlsx spreadsheet and assisting in assigning Technicians (internal and external resources) to installation tasks,
- Assisting with development and maintenance of submittals log and RFI log
- Mastering the Company’s various software systems. These include Teams, D-Tools, Basecamp, and other software applications as they are introduced
- Ensuring all pertinent project information is entered and kept up to date in D-Tools and Basecamp
- Scheduling and assisting Project Manager in conducting internal kick-off meetings
- Creating and maintaining Project Notes documents throughout the project lifecycle
- Assisting in securing badges for project staff if required
- Coordinating purchasing and submission of bonds
- Recording of Liquidated Damages dates and amounts in D-Tools and Bonds and Liquidated Damages Schedules.xlsx
- Preparing complete Change Order “packages” (e.g., quote, drawings, spec sheets) per Project Manager’s direction (which USED to be done by the AEs) and submitting to the client
- Keeping updated Change Order Logs (from D-Tools) in Basecamp
- Coordinating all procurement activities and verifying delivery of equipment with Administrative Department counterparts
- Ensuring the preparation of complete installation drawing packages for the field technicians
- Ensuring the delivery of redlined drawings, and other closeout materials (e.g., programs, etc.) to engineering group
- Preparing project sign-off document for Project Manager’s submittal to client
- Communicating any prevailing wage requirements to HR
- Compiling closeout documentation (as the processes and checklists are developed in the future)
- Coordinating closeout and archiving of projects with Accounting Group
- Undertaking appropriate training to acquire a solid understanding of the audio-visual integration business, including target customer types and applications, vendors, products, systems, and competitors in the territory,
- Consistently maintaining a positive attitude and performing as a team player on a day-to-day basis, and
- Regularly contributing ideas, critiques, and input to assist in the continuous improvement of all aspects of LightWerks at all levels.
- Performing additional duties as assigned
Requirements: Requirements to be able to perform this job include:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required,
- A minimum three+ years of project coordination experience, preferably with construction projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of people,
- The study, mastery, implementation, and modeling of the philosophies – and appropriate job tasks – as described in The LightWerks Way.docx,
- A strong work ethic, positive outlook, and ability to focus and complete assigned tasks,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate openly and honestly at all times (see “Truth Early. Truth Always” in the “LightWerks Way”),
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized,
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously,
- Demonstrated and/or tested proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as M365 Teams, Project, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook,
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organization, and implementation skills which allow the successful completion of duties and assigned tasks by specified due dates,
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations,
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation,
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit, and use hands and fingers,
- Although most work is performed inside, must possess the ability to conduct occasional outside activities, which are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Training Path: LightWerks believes in providing extensive training to all Team Members. Your customized training path benefits our customers, and hence the Company, in many ways, but it also benefits each team member, personally and professionally, in the following ways:
Industry Training: Industry-related training will allow each team member to understand how LightWerks and THEY fit into the industry overall, and why/how we provide value to our customers.
Technical Skills Training: This training will allow each team member to build their technical competence in their specific profession and the role(s) that they take on during their tenure with LightWerks.
Professional Skills Training: Team members will benefit from professional skills training that is relevant to all professionals and teams. Training will includ, but is not limited to, interpersonal skills, time management, etc.
To see the various training paths available at LightWerks, please see LightWerks Career Training Paths.docx
Keys to Success:
- You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the responsibilities and tasks listed in this job description.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual, and as permitted by applicable law.
- LightWerks promotes and rewards transparent, proactive, and responsive communication (i.e., “Truth Early. Truth Always.”), client-focused behavior, good decision-making, innovation, a bias to action, courage, commitment, integrity, teamwork, the desire to continuously learn and improve, and a passion for success.