Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet.
Join Weavers Way as a Deli Clerk!
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, including very affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, company-provided disability and life insurance, and more.
To succeed as a deli clerk, you should be polite, prompt, and knowledgeable. Additionally, you should be able to meet the physical demands of the position while providing customers with the best possible experience.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Closing Shift: 12pm - 8pm
Deli Clerk Responsibilities:
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with company standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some companies may have a minimum age requirement of 18.
- Deli counter or food preparation experience may be required.
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 25 to 50 lbs., and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.