About Fresh n' Lean
Fresh N Lean (FNL) is one of the top 4 players within the fast-growing Direct to Consumer (“DTC”) market for Ready-to-Eat (“RTE”) prepared meals. Founded in 2010 by a Forbes 30 Under 30 (2019), Fresh N Lean today generates over $100M of revenue by specializing in healthy, fresh meals made without preservatives, gluten, hormones, or added sugar. As co-CEOs, founder Laureen Asseo and her brother Thomas Asseo are leading a talented team towards a healthy eating revolution.
Fresh N Lean is headquartered near Disneyland in Anaheim, CA with more than 500 employees and has grown year on year by 100% over the last 5 years. FNL calibrates its own offering to produce best-in-class quality RTE meals at a price point only slightly ahead of lower-quality, mass-market competitors. The FNL brand leads the competition by focusing on high-quality ingredients, SKU variety, and on-trend meal plans all supported by a commitment to manufacturing safety. With industry-leading manufacturing efficiencies and scalable production capacity, FNL is prepared to continue its impressive growth trajectory.
Fresh N Lean is looking to build the talent and capability of FNL’s organization to help fuel the brand’s next phase of explosive growth.
- 401(k) Matching
- Free Meals
- Employee Referral Program
The Payroll Specialist contributes to the efficient operation of the Human Resource Department by administering all payroll processes for 500+ employees throughout the U.S on a bi-weekly basis. The Payroll Specialists' duties include the management of employee data, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time. To be successful as a payroll specialist you should have strong mathematical skills and be able to multitask effectively. Ultimately, an outstanding payroll specialist should be able to manage all aspects of payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Experience with Paylocity for payroll and benefits processing and administration.
- Prepare and process Company payroll(s); review and ensure accuracy of payments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all payroll-related functions Keeps informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Set up and maintain state and local tax jurisdictions for growing business.
- Process off-cycle payrolls as necessary for payroll corrections or adjustments; complete on-demand checks including final pay; ensure final pay complies with Company and state requirements
- Interact with employees and all levels of management on payroll related projects and inquiries
- Analyze, investigate, and correct errors in payroll data; inspect system output and standard reports to determine and correct out-of-balance conditions
- Ensures accuracy of employee hours worked, hours paid, bonus calculation, etc.
- Audit completed payments, garnishments, special payroll deductions, and incentive Bonus activity.
- Maintain employee payroll database. Responsible for the integrity of pay rate, direct deposit, tax withholding, and other payroll-related information. Review data entry input after each payroll process
- Provide guidance and assistance to operations and management staff on payroll practices in line with Company policies and federal/state law.
- Calculate and generate payroll accruals
- Assist with Worker’s Comp and 401k audits
Time and Labor
- Assist with the monitoring of the automated time and attendance system and facilitates corrective action
- Manage the time clock system, including running Time and Labor reports.
- Enrolling employees in the timeclock, and editing time punches.
- Research and resolve employee payroll discrepancies, including bank debits and credits
- Gather payroll data for inclusion in monthly financial statements; perform payroll postings and balance payroll generated general ledger
- Generate pay period and monthly reporting as defined or on-demand.
- Prepare Payroll reports, metrics, analytics and analyzes and identify data issues and trends, and make recommendations for process improvements and system enhancements
- Assist with payroll tax filings, reporting, payments, and reconciliation operations.
- Assist benefit administrator with reconciling monthly health benefit billing invoices
- Reconcile year- end tax returns, W-2’s and 1095 C forms completed by payroll provider to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Assist in creating and maintaining payroll process documentation.
- Participate in projects; suggest and proactively implement ideas for continuous improvement
- Paylocity maintenance to include customization of automated processes throughout the system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years or more of experience in Payroll administration.
- Experience processing multi-state payroll is strongly (desired)
- Demonstrated proficiency and familiarity with Federal, State, and local payroll regulations and other applicable employment laws
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
- experience in Paylocity (Preferred)
- Knowledge of general accounting or bookkeeping methods and techniques
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes, garnishments, and related record-keeping
- Solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong customer service skills, both oral and written
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills through proper organization and prioritization
- Ability to meet strict deadlines as well as manage competing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in all aspects of the job
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Must have computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
High School or equivalent (Preferred)
Payroll Certification, CPP (Desired)
Payroll Administrators generally work 40 hours per week; however, some overtime may be required during busy periods (payroll weeks). The majority of the work is performed while sitting at a desk, involving typing and reading on a computer terminal. The incumbent should enjoy talking to people directly or on the phone while maintaining the confidentiality of the information that she/he may obtain from such interaction.
Job Type: Full-time